1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Share: Your Favorite Photo!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Spaceghost33, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Spaceghost33

Spaceghost33 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Christopher Stelter
    O.K, apologies if this has been done before, but let's see that ONE favorite photo you've taken. Doesn't necessarily need to be the BEST you've taken, but your "personal favorite". Everyone has one. I'm not talking about from a technical aspect, many of the greatest photos of all time are not technically close to being "perfect". The criteria for "favorite" is wide open. Emotional, technical, or the intangible.

I'll start this off with MY favorite. This was shot last summer in northern Michigan (Arcadia, MI) on our vacation. It was a very spontaneous shot of my boys goofing around. Not that it matters much, but GF1/20mm Pany/JPEG/ out of camera.

Have fun!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Wonderful shot of your boys!

I have a favorite photo, one of my older son and my dad, but I've shown that in at least one other "favorite photo" thread.

This one is a recently rediscovered sentimental favorite:

378889084_fc656a49f4_b.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Spaceghost33

Feb 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Christopher Stelter
    What a fantastic capture! Boys will be boys. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Jane
    Both super photos, Amin and SpaceGhost :) Both photos made me smile!
    Here's one of my favorites taken a number of years ago of my Shih Tzu "flying" enthusiastically towards me.
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/janie_miranda/5575041112/" title="janes favorite photo by ~Jane, on Flickr">"457" height="640" alt="janes favorite photo"></a>

• Like Like x 7
  5. Spaceghost33

Feb 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Christopher Stelter
    Jane, thanks. Glad to put a smile on your face. Your photo did the same for me. I love that shot. Almost feels as if the dog will jump out of my monitor! I'll have to show this one to my 2 boys (big dog fans!).

• Like Like x 1
  6. RonSmith

RonSmith Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 7, 2010
    Michigan
    • Like Like x 6
  7. Spaceghost33

Feb 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Christopher Stelter
    Ron, what a great image! That look he's giving the camera is priceless. I see your're a fellow Michigander. I was born and raised (up until graduation from MSU). I'm in Chicago now.

Cheers.

8. RonSmith

RonSmith Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 7, 2010
    Michigan
    Thanks! That picture of Harry was taken up in Charlevoix, which is my mother-in-law's home town.

My older son, Jacob, will be graduating this spring from the James Madison College at MSU.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ihavenewfs

Ihavenewfs Mu-43 Regular

This was taken with my first ever digital SLR, in 2007 I think; was at a Newfoundland water test, about 7:30 in the morning, with glare bouncing off the water. I didn't know any better, didn't know how to compensate, but just shot. The exercise is called "Rescue of an Unconcious Victim" and if you look closely, you'll see the head of a Newfoundland swimming to the floating "victim".

UnconciousVictim.

Oz did bring her in and earned his Water Rescue Dog Excellent title :smile:

Marie

• Like Like x 5
  10. Spaceghost33

Feb 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Christopher Stelter
    Love the Charlevoix area, but haven't been up that way in years. James Madison grad! Congratulations. That IS an accomplishment. His MSU education will serve him well.

11. Spaceghost33

Feb 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Christopher Stelter
    Great shot Marie! Almost looks otherworldly. Very unique.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Bethany

This is my daughter Bethany. This was when she was around 8 YO.
    She's now 38. Anyway, we were going to a picnic with friends and neighbors. It was being held at Batso Lake in New Jersey. I was worried about taking my Leica's due to sooo many people being around. I took instead, a Kodak Retina IIIC. A great compact Rangefinder camera with an incredible lens. The film was Tri-X at ASA 600. I developed the film myself and printed also.

It's my favorite image because it's her, not being aware of the world around her. She's focused on the ground. I guess that's why she's grounded as a person and also an Air Traffic Controller. I'd like to think she gets that from me but she doesn't, she just gets my cameras and lenses and sometimes I get to borrow them back....sometimes.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  13. Highlander

Highlander Mu-43 Regular

Mar 17, 2011
    USA, Northeast Coast
    Richard Correale
    Too Hats.........

A personal favorite of mine, my wife and several month old grand daughter at the beach.

Taken with an Oly E-510, 14-54, @ 23mm, f/5.6, 1/500, ISO 100:

• Like Like x 3
  14. Highlander

Highlander Mu-43 Regular

Mar 17, 2011
    USA, Northeast Coast
    Richard Correale
    This is awesome!

15. Spaceghost33

Feb 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Christopher Stelter
    Streetshooter, once again, your talent humbles me. What a fantastic image, both as a treasured memory and as a just-plain-awesome photograph. The sky's reflection to me speaks of the limitless possibilities ahead of an 8 year old. Well done my friend.

16. johnny9fingers

johnny9fingers Mu-43 Veteran

While far from technically proper, it holds the memory of a nice summer day out and about with my son.....Click on the photo to see a slightly larger size.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  17. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

This is a wonderful thread because it gets down to the heart of the matter.

Here is mine of our daughter when she was about 2 years old...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/otra/5507374621/" title="Red cowboy boots by Otra2004 AKA BBW, on Flickr"> 5507374621_4206099d94_z. "404" height="640" alt="Red cowboy boots"></a>

and she is now 21. What camera? I think it was my OM-1.

• Like Like x 2
  18. johnny9fingers

johnny9fingers Mu-43 Veteran

Yes, you are right. This is what photography is all about. Capturing memories or events of our lives. And its interesting to see some of the gear we all shot with once upon a time. My picture was shot with one of my all time favorite cameras, the Oly XA....

• Like Like x 1