Share your Bucket list

Gerard

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Today I photographed the Clifton Suspension bridge, near Bristol, UK.
Now I can remove it from my bucketlist.

It was on my list because For a long time I have been fascinated by what the brits invented during the industrial revolution, especially fascinated by the works of Isimbard Kingdom Brunel. He was the reason for my visit to Bristol, and not only because of that name!

Maybe you'd like to share what is on your list...
Is it that rare bird? A colour? A celebrity? A cityscape by night?

Maybe you can share why this on your list?

ArcticaMT6

Mu-43 Veteran
Realistic bucket list:
Tiger Sharks
African Safari
Belugas in Canada
Orcas in Norway
Diving in Alaska

Not as realistic:
Leopard Seals in Antarctica
Walrus in Svalbard

Already crossed off:
Galapagos in 2016 (Going again in 2021)
Great Whites last year
Whale Sharks earlier this month

Tenpenny

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Brent Watkins
I feel so un-adventurous, most of mine are pretty close to home. I actually do keep a running list. I try my best to work through the list as the year goes by. If I miss one, it just stays on the list till I can get to it. Here are a few currently at the top of my list.

• Devils Tooth (Late Summer)- Seven Devils, ID, US
  • Panther Creek Falls (Spring) - WA, US
  • Seal Rock (Anytime) - OR, US
  • Castle and Merriam Peaks (Summer) - White Cloud Wilderness, ID, US
  • Bear Valley Meadows (Autumn) - ID, US

Gerard

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
A place that I always wanted to visit, but would also love to shoot: The Potala Palace.

Interesting idea for a thread.
It is in a movie. It is in so much content, that one has seen before. In my case the most likely outcome will be that my effort of photographing such an object will be disappointing. Nevertheless one should not refrain from trying

Realistic bucket list:
Tiger Sharks
African Safari
Belugas in Canada
Orcas in Norway
Diving in Alaska

Not as realistic:
Leopard Seals in Antarctica
Walrus in Svalbard

Already crossed off:
Galapagos in 2016 (Going again in 2021)
Great Whites last year
Whale Sharks earlier this month
Quite a list!

ToxicTabasco

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ToxicTabasco
There are places around me that I hope to visit. And some places that I did visit, but want to return for better photography and video.

Entire Route 66 with 4K and photos (10% completed),
Capital Reef and Canyon Lands National Park,
Bryce, and Arches National Park, (unfinished business),
Eureka Dunes, and Last Chance Mountain in Death Valley National Park,
Alstrom Point (unfinished business),
Dead Horse Point, Grand Canyon National Park (unfinished business),
Racetrack Playa, and Agureberry Point Death Valley (unfinished business),
Fonts Point and Salton Sea (unfinished business),
The Wave, and Vermilion Cliffs National Monument,
The Slot canyons and Coyote Natural Bridge in Grand Staircase Escalante,
Reflection Canyon (unlikely to complete 20 mile hike) Working on a strategy.
Cerro Gordo ghost town, and Darwin ghost town.
Lake Tahoe,
Burning Man in Black Rock Desert,
Zion National Park (unfinished business),
Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest,
Bonneville Salt Flats,
Pacific Coast Highway from San Francisco to Crescent City,
Barker Dam in Joshua Tree National Park,
Geology Trail and Berdoo Canyon drive in Joshua Tree National Park,
Abandoned Water Park along Interstate 15, (unfinished business),
And Area 51.

Reason most of these are on my list is the challenge of getting to some of these locations. Some require a brutal off road drive in remote locations. Some require long hikes without water and good navigation skills. And some are the iconic locations that are easy accessed.

I list them for others that may want to explore what these areas have to offer. Just google it for the photos, and you can see what makes these locations ideal for video and photography.

There is one location that I really want to see. It's one of the most amazing desert landscapes I've seen on post cards, and other stuff. But, is extremely hard to get to. Reflection Canyon is on my bucket list. It's a 50+ mile off road drive on a brutal washboard road to get to the start of the hike area. The road is often rutted out by rain, or impassible due to flooding and mud.

Once at the trail parking, there is no trail. The hike in is about 10 miles SE along a huge ridge line. The terrain is desert, with flat areas and big elevation changes. One must avoid drop offs from ridges or navigate around them adding to the mileage. There are no trees for shade, and no water along the way. It's the type of hike one prepares and trains for. It's a overnight hike that you take in what you need to survive on. Then hike 10 mile hike back is just as brutal.

Because there is no trails, you'll need to navigate by map or GPS. Also, there is no cellular coverage for 911 rescue. Thus a beacon device like ARC ResQlink would be the best option for emergency. And because the location is remote from any hospital, it will take a long time for the responders to fly out there. This would be the ultimate challenge logistically as well as physically. It would require the right gear and training to complete. I hope to do it someday. Or higher a chopper to take me out there for a few hours. LOL...

Last edited:
I never quite made a list but am always interested in seeing new places and cultures and photography follows it. I'm already done with my principal wish; visiting all the continents; but within each continent, there are still tons of places to visit and photograph.

DynaSport

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dan
Mine is kind of boring, but I want to get some good Eagle photos. I’ve never seen an Eagle in the wild, even though it seems like everyone else has great photos of them.

Most of my bucket list is not photography directly related. Most of it is places I want to ride on my motorcycle.

Tenpenny

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Brent Watkins
Which Panther Creek?
I probably should have realized there would be more than one, sorry about that.

These are the falls , both upper and lower, that I really want to photograph. I know that they are heavily photographed but, I really want to get a shot for myself ;) I meant to get there this Spring but, I feel I'll enjoy the photo experience more once I have an UWA lens (ordering the Laowa 7.5 next week) So, it's firmly planned for April/May next year. I'm also planning on buying a whole bunch of wipe cloths, I've heard it's pretty dang wet there at the base. LOL

Last edited:

ArcticaMT6

Mu-43 Veteran
Mine is kind of boring, but I want to get some good Eagle photos. I’ve never seen an Eagle in the wild, even though it seems like everyone else has great photos of them.

Most of my bucket list is not photography directly related. Most of it is places I want to ride on my motorcycle.
You should go to Kodiak, AK. Bald eagles have basically taken over all the functions of seagulls there. There will be 3-4 sitting on a traffic light, they will be walking around people's decks, etc. Especially if you go near the cannery.

Related to that, there's very little seagulls and small dogs there due to the eagles.

tonyturley

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Mine are rather pedestrian:

I want to get a reasonable close-up of a mother Black Bear and her cub(s). I have a few bear photos, but on our recent vacation, I saw such an image hanging in a shop, and it was stunning.

I want to find a Red Eft (juvenile Red Spotted Newt). I did get an image of one several years ago, but someone else had found it. I've found one adult in all of the years I've been roaming the woods.

A Pileated Woodpecker. Closest I've come was a very grainy shot in near dark near our vacation cabin. Darn things are so skittish, I have no idea how some of the images I've seen on the web were captured.

A Great Horned Owl. I have a few Barred Owl images, but I want to find a Great Horned.

jaapvanderkooij

Mu-43 Regular
just a few things :D

visit the coldest village on earth: Oymyakon (girlfriend don't want to join)

visit chukotka to make pictures of the walruses there

visit Australia & New Zealand.

make pictures of Snow leopard and pallas cat in the wild

jaapvanderkooij

Mu-43 Regular
A Pileated Woodpecker. Closest I've come was a very grainy shot in near dark near our vacation cabin. Darn things are so skittish, I have no idea how some of the images I've seen on the web were captured.
usually from a special hide

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom