Share: Trees

yvesponcon

New to Mu-43
View attachment 836737
Does this one count as a tree? :p (Joking)
But @yvesponcon inspired me to dig deep (about 3 folders down my catalog :p ) to one of the oldest surviving picture I have (I lost 2 hard drives with the first 4 years of my photography journey) of very inspiring (at least for me and back then) to learn photography by using this:
View attachment 836738View attachment 836739
To this day I would still consider not a awful picture for a 15 year old phone with basic 2 MEGA pickles with decent AF (and close focusing !!!) and f 2 aperture. ... this remindes me maybe I should try and get my hands on that phone, besides nostalgia I should challenge myself to see what I can do with it with more then a decade of learning and experience now ^_^)
Wow thanks!
you dug deep! And the picture is very nice and moody, makes me wonde why we bother so much about mpx...

Seahawk

Mu-43 Regular
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ovidiu
Wow thanks!
you dug deep! And the picture is very nice and moody, makes me wonde why we bother so much about mpx...
Well back then screens were a lot crappier: 640 by 320 was considered HIGH END for a 500£ phone, so it was when film photography had a legitimate kickassery over digital imaging (in almost every department that is). Also, the most common household sharing device was television ... damn, I'm starting to feel old and I'm not even 40 yet :p

Quite a departure from today with 4K screen pocket device that outputs images to your eyeballs better the 10.000 £ professional monitors back in early 2000. Printing huge can be done quite easily and cheaply compared to needing a Medium Format camera back then. I think people tend to forget to appreciate how far 15 years have brought to enjoy a beautiful picture, be it made with a 25£ Rasberry Pie Camera Kit or a Fujifilm GFX 100 or the in-between iPhones and Androids devices :)

(One thing that did stay mostly the same is laptop web cameras: WHAT THE EF ?!?)

Panolyman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Brian
This is the Beech Avenue at Hidcote Gardens in the Cotswolds.
I like the way the light falls on the trunks, even on a damp grey afternoon.

Seahawk

Mu-43 Regular
The Beech ring in Carstramon Wood, Galloway.

_Jimmy

Mu-43 Regular

Olympus OMD EM1 II, Olumpus 45/1.8

I've been enjoying this kind of "tree portraits" more and more lately. Hunting for this kind of image is especially fun in thick fog, or, as in this image, with some backlight from a partly overcast sky.

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
View attachment 837709

Olympus OMD EM1 II, Olumpus 45/1.8

I've been enjoying this kind of "tree portraits" more and more lately. Hunting for this kind of image is especially fun in thick fog, or, as in this image, with some backlight from a partly overcast sky.
Really nice. I look forward to more of these “tree portraits”.

Panolyman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Somewhat shorter than the beech trees in my earlier post from Hidcote, but of roughly the same age.
This is the old orchard within the garden.

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron

BDR-529

Mu-43 Regular
From Adapted lens series. Olympus OM 50mm F/1.8 (circa 1982 model)

Panolyman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Brian
These are from the Stanway Estate in Gloucestershire.
We cycled past a couple of years ago and noticed they'd cut down a long avenue of old oak trees, which sadly had succumbed to one of the many diseases currently decimating trees all over Europe.
I'm not sure if the oak in the photo is diseased or not (someone will probably enlighten me).
They'd just planted a new avenue of maple trees, which could hardly be seen.
This year, they're starting to grow a little and I just about managed to capture them and included some of the felled oaks too.

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
Real Name
Randy
Nope, off harmony Grove near elfin forest
Bummer, It really reminded me of a place out that way. It has been almost 20 years since I have lived in San Diego. I appreciate the places you're posting though. Brings back memories. I didn't live there long, but my job had me all over the county. I knew where more places were than most locals, though I found it hard to find someone who actually grew up in SoCal and didn't move there!

Bushboy

Mu-43 All-Pro

Seahawk

Mu-43 Regular
The famous birch tree, Buttermere, Lake District.

Panolyman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Brian
This is the Yew Tunnel at Aberglasney in Carmarthenshire.
It's made up of just 6 Yew trees that at one time were thought to be over 1,000 years old.
However, dendrology tests were done and it was discovered they are around a quarter of that age, being planted some time in the 18th Century.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom