Share: Life during the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic

susannemcom

Mu-43 Regular
Welcome to this forum!
Always nice to have new people join us.
There is a new member introduction thread if you want to tell us a little about yourself. https://www.mu-43.com/threads/new-member-introduction-thread.584/page-57
Thank you!! I've been here a while but have been very quiet. I'll definitely go to write a little introduction there!
I hope to be more active here now - the lockdown as made me dig more into photography. Today I've played around with the macro lens, and tried to learn to use my flash off-camera.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
To contrast @Amin's line at Starbucks:

This was taken around 8:00 am, just as senior hour was starting at Costco. The line goes around the building to the opposite diagonal corner, then zig zags through lines of carts and pallets. It took us 85 minutes to get into the store.

49728268051_62e079a64e_k.jpg
IMG_5095 by Harvey Richards, on Flickr

Social distancing.

49728267956_adf16a4d8c_k.jpg
IMG_5096 by Harvey Richards, on Flickr

Luckily they would allow you in to use the restroom, sorry no photos of that.
We were greeted inside the door with pallets of Manna (I wouldn't eat it though). Almost every cart had a bundle of TP (limit of 1).

49728267766_f1d7fcabba_k.jpg
IMG_5097 by Harvey Richards, on Flickr

We did well, but they were still out of cleaning wipes and Kleenex. Lots of items had a limit of 1 or 2.

49727720003_e910c13305_k.jpg
IMG_5098 by Harvey Richards, on Flickr

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
Just having a little fun with it. Let me just say that my gun-lovin' man has taken over the garage, the only thing of mine there is the Citroen and the spark plugs!
How about a thread on your Citroen? A complete photographic study...

archaeopteryx

Gambian sidling bush
Sounds like a good project for when we get fully locked-down :thumbsup:
There's also a moss thread here, if you (or anyone else) is interested. It's been quiet of late (partly because I was incredibly busy with work for the past few months and am now handling a bunch of C19 stuff, so my backlog of images to process is somewhere over 5GB).

RevBob

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
Our local fire departments and school teachers put together a public morale building parade tonight through local communities. Lights, occasional sirens and lots of car horns and encouraging signs. Folks stood on their porches and waved and cheered. It was a great time.

mfturner

Mu-43 Regular
With the college kids home, and my office working from home, we have a full house for the time being but every one is busy doing schoolwork during the day so the house is quiet until closer to dinner time. I can get out for exercise and to walk the dog, and I often combine the two taking the E-PM1 with me. The local parks allow their trails to be used, but the parks themselves are closed for anything the school kids want to use:

But it's still nice to get out, and not too hard to give a proper distance from other folks. Spring is coming if you look closely here in CO, as schizophrenic as the local weather can be:

And the bulbs are finally blooming adding a little local color to cheer us up:

Zairski

Mu-43 Regular
Survived the last wave of layoffs yesterday. It’s hard watching everyone that you have worked with for months or years walk out with their boxes and not knowing if they are going to be ok. Trying to stay busy at work and practice some skills for when it does pick up again.
Em5II Oly 45mm F1.8 ISO 200 SS 1/125 shot using the remote capture on OI Share.

Lupin 3rd

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Took the kids out for a bit of exercise and noticed the contrast between the leaves and the sky. :)

The focal length in the EXIF is incorrect, this was taken with the Meike 28mm f2.8.

Brian Beezley

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
P0030380.jpg

Oxalis from my kitchen window.

susannemcom

Mu-43 Regular
But it's still nice to get out, and not too hard to give a proper distance from other folks. Spring is coming if you look closely here in CO, as schizophrenic as the local weather can be:
Good to hear it's not only the Irish weather that is schizofrenic! Enjoy the spring! It's lovely when bulbs start coming up. I'm impatiently waiting for my allium.

Angus Gibbins

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Angus
Spending my Saturday night drinking beer and perusing my many photobooks.

Currently drinking a black and tan which is a mix of a stout and a pale or sparkling ale. Basically a stout shandy.

Panolyman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Brian
These were the views from my bedroom and then our computer/music room this morning.
One would think that all was right with the world with views such as these, but it's sad to think that so many people are suffering at this sad time.
It makes me think I am very lucky (at the moment, as least) and am thankful for what I've got.

Drinking Coffee

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom