Share: Life during the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic

Real Name
Butch Oakey
You wouldn't easily find a FF vintage lens in the focal range of 17 to 20 mm that would fill the bill considering the intended use. It would have to be an ultra-wide angle and surely would be very bulky.
There possibly are however some native manual focus lenses in that range.
Nikon made a nice 20mm lens that is pretty small (not compared to m43 lenses) but the AI and AIs series are just a little bigger than the Lumix/Leica 25mm and are nice lenses, and worth a look. Might work well for you.

Ruairi

Mu-43 Rookie
Many of these photo's remind me of a dull Sunday in my youth in the 60's when nothing was open and no events took place, the town centre would be deserted.
Wondering if it's a case of divide and conquer, or simply a return of the good old days.

Last edited:

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ovidiu
Divide and conquer, or the return of the good old days?
It's a very odd sensation, I remember back in March to May how empty the streets were, I felt like the 3rd part of 28 days/weeks later ... on a Wednsday :p
Or it might be a difference of style between active street photography and passive street photography shooting.

Ruairi

Mu-43 Rookie
I get that. I had a tripod set up in the middle of London bridge at what would usually be a busy time, but unlike most people, was justified for being there with a government mandated defence. So rather than being immune to zombie attack, I just had a defensible commercial reason for being out and about. Felt eerie like the films.

Mike.K

Mu-43 Regular
Wondering if it's a case of divide and conquer, or simply a return of the good old days.
In those days the shops were shut all day, public transport only had services in the afternoon. No television until the evening on either channel. If your family could afford a car you could go out into the country or seaside, probably the origin of the term Sunday Driver.

No movie theaters? No problem! My Benro travel angel worked great to hold the projector. I bolted a plate on the bottom in the 1/4” thread hole and then it was super easy to level the image on the screen. Started with a couple episodes of The Office as the sun set, and then ran a double feature of Being John Malkovich followed by The Out of Towners. Temps dipped down to 44° so the firepit was a welcomed feature by the end of the second movie!

(not sure why the EXIF info didn’t show, but em1iii and 17/1.8)
91438ECE-B694-49C4-8EC8-5BB3590E77CB.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
8B47CC4C-851C-4950-A9AA-51F41550ECB6.jpeg

Last edited:

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ovidiu
I had a chance (well forced out of need more like it) to go to Taunton yesterday. (FINALLY got my Panasonic Leica 50-200mm f 2.8-4 lens back)
And I was strolling the streets for a few hours so I kept my Big Oly with the little Panny Pankey at my hip and snaped quite of few favorites of mine on (unconventional style) street photography, here's one example:

(I converted it to B&W and added a lot of grain for a more gritty look, reminds me of the images of 1920-1940 early street photography, and no I am not comparing myself with the greats of that time period :p )

Mountain_Man_79

Wu-Tang is Forever
Real Name
Chris
I had a chance (well forced out of need more like it) to go to Taunton yesterday. (FINALLY got my Panasonic Leica 50-200mm f 2.8-4 lens back)
And I was strolling the streets for a few hours so I kept my Big Oly with the little Panny Pankey at my hip and snaped quite of few favorites of mine on (unconventional style) street photography, here's one example:
View attachment 848409
(I converted it to B&W and added a lot of grain for a more gritty look, reminds me of the images of 1920-1940 early street photography, and no I am not comparing myself with the greats of that time period :p )
I think that came out great! Good job!

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ovidiu
Every time I edit a street image I get very excited. I don't know if it's because I don't know what I will get with my "style" of shooting or because I am excited to do something that always felt inaccessible to me.

Back to school;

It feels like the end of summer;

Taking one day at a time;

It's all normal for some of us;

Smart Sk8ter Boy;

It's all a sequence really;

To the other side;

Happy to be back to school;

Undeserving suspiciousness?

IT'S NOT A FANNY PACK !!!;

Synchronicity;

Morning coffee;

An interesting debate?;

Looking badass;

Getting a coffee at the coffee shop is not the same anymore;

Deep thoughts;

Shadows of light;

Irrevocably changes of our time.

Real Name
Melissa
Back to school. Our school district is 100% virtual for the first semester.

apete

Mu-43 Regular
In the church

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ovidiu

This is giving me quite the international pandemic feeling.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom