Share: Life during the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic

Real Name
Rob
First chippy night for several months. No queuing in the tiny shop anymore though.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron

Early morning drive through old Escondido. Never seen it so empty.

wyk

Mu-43 Regular
Dunno if Covid knocked this poor lad out of their shoes, or if Covid is also selling drugs:

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron

Drive-through high-school graduation. 'Can I get fries with that'?

Real Name
Rob
Socially distanced bridge

Brian Beezley

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I am allotted one recycled (presumably hydrogen peroxide-treated) mask per week in my medical clinic, so I rigged up an ozone generator setup for daily decontamination. I run it outdoors to avoid breathing in the ozone, which is quite noxious.

The ozone might degrade the fidelity of the mask filter and probably damages the elastic, but on balance I think it is making me safer.
https://mbio.asm.org/content/11/3/e00997-20

AmritR

Mu-43 Regular
Experimenting since yesterday evening with an iPad, Olympus Share and Lightroom app.

You want life? Here comes the good life!

City live without hordes of tourists turns out to be wonderful experience. Of course I don’t want to begrudge people's holidays, nor business for local entrepreneurs. But things have gotten completely out of hand the last 20 years.

3rd of June in The Hague. Things were just reopening, and I had my first haircut in months, despite getting used to my Beatles haircut. (I have kept my hairdresser in my former hometown). We were early, slowly other people filled the terras but it was still rather quiet.

6th of june in Haarlem. Super relaxed atmosphere, also outside. Wonderfull day.
(check out the ‘Italian‘ poster commercial, with what I think is actually a Jaguar).

Last Saturday in Maastricht with two friends. We did have to sit on separate tables.
Church in the background is a bookshop.

And check out the sky above Maastricht, without dozens of airplane stripes. Unseen in decades (except during that outbreak of that volcano in Iceland).

JNB

Mu-43 Veteran
Physical distancing estimation, Nova Scotia style.

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ovidiu
I am thinking of extending my Zine about Social Distancing from March to June to a hole year project and document the changes in our society, must just locally to where I live. It might turn the Zine into a legitimate (but extremely limited in quantity) photo book because of the price hike and change in scope. (I'm not expecting to sell more than 20-30 copies.

When I went to work this evening I noticed the new table and hand sanitizer with a sign "Please ask to come in" at the store, reflecting the new change from the Covid-19 signs that have popped up everywhere in the last few weeks, showing that the UK is slowing trying to come out of the lockdown but in a different look and feel from last year.
I like doing street photography but I am extremely uncomfortable making pictures of people and with people in general, things haven't gotten easier (yet) and I did not take a lot of incredible opportunities of amazing pictures but I hope working on this personal project might help a bit. At the moment most of my pictures of this nature are devoid of people or people are not the main subject/focus in them. (Quite an interesting contrast would be to see my pictures progress from empty streets and shops of March Lockdown to a more open and live street pictures with people in the coming months ... I am starting to overthink now).

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ovidiu

The sacrificial volunteer for a portrait :p ... a fellow camera club member politely let me make a portrait during yesterday's evening photo walk locally.

Real Name
Rob
Chippy night again, on holiday this time. Big queues (one for just-turn-ups, one for phone orders).

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom