Share: Fujifilm X-images

DHart

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
...I don't think I could walk away from my 100-300, and am considering an EPM2, to which there is no analog in Fuji land.
The cool thing is... you can have more than 1 system! :smile: Shoot m4/3 for what you like it for and shoot Fuji for what you like it for. :2thumbs: Even a gear churner can span systems... as no single system offers it all.

I was quite content with m4/3 before deciding to try the Fuji APS-C format... I see some nice advantages with the Fuji (still awaiting first-hand use), but I don't expect it to replace my m4/3 at all, just as m4/3 hasn't replaced my LX5 either.

WT21

Super Moderator
The cool thing is... you can have more than 1 system! :smile: Shoot m4/3 for what you like it for and shoot Fuji for what you like it for. :2thumbs: Even a gear churner can span systems... as no single system offers it all.
Lol. You're easy with my money. Are you in sales?? ;)

I'd have to let something go, so not for me yet, as it can't replace my OMD or full frame DSLR.

DHart

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
Lol. You're easy with my money. Are you in sales?? ;)

I'd have to let something go, so not for me yet, as it can't replace my OMD or full frame DSLR.
It is easy to help spend someone else's money, isn't it. Enablers, we are, just a bunch of enablers! :wink:

You certainly know what's best for your imaging needs and your budget... far more so than I, or anyone else, so please take my encouragement with a grain of salt. :smile:

PiterM

Mu-43 Regular
Just 3 sunsets taken last week with X100s @ Sicily

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

lexmann

Mu-43 Regular
Prague

<a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/nIu9HXMewVZXWXYMsyPFTJcUPHEFyE61k2kTthEkGZI?feat=embedwebsite">
"800" width="533" /></a>

yekimrd

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mikey
Just 3 sunsets taken last week with X100s @ Sicily

Gorgeous long exposures!!!

Steven

Mu-43 All-Pro

jloden

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Jay

Iconindustries

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
X100 f2 @ iso800
Used an LED torch to light up the front nicely. Processed in Aperture

buffing bolt threads to clean out hardened loctite

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/9107371998/" title="Buff by iconindustries, on Flickr">
"800" height="533" alt="Buff"></a>

jloden

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Jay
Here's a bunch more from yesterday with the 60mm on the X-E1. Brought other lenses but they never made it out of the bag :biggrin:

Cross-posted to FujiXspot also.

Weathered and Worn by jloden, on Flickr

Magpies by jloden, on Flickr

CFD by jloden, on Flickr

CFD by jloden, on Flickr

CFD by jloden, on Flickr

Untitled by jloden, on Flickr

Urban History by jloden, on Flickr

Lamplight by jloden, on Flickr

Lucky 13 by jloden, on Flickr

Running Lights by jloden, on Flickr

Beena22

Mu-43 Regular
Bought a used X100 that got delivered today. Didn't get much time to play around with it but here are a couple of shots I took whilst testing it out. I love it already. Such a step up in quality from my GF1. Beautiful looking little camera too.

Beena22

Mu-43 Regular
Here's another couple from today. I'm blown away by the clarity of this camera compared to my GF1

Beena22

Mu-43 Regular
One more and I'm done for the night.

DHart

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
My Fuji gear arrived. I was very impressed with the lenses, liked the X-E1 body, and found the resulting RAWs to be of wonderful quality indeed! I liked this gear very much!

Unfortunately, I am in the throes of moving out of my now-sold home/studio property that I've lived and run my photography business in for 16 years and am a bit too preoccupied with all of that to give an extensive, thorough evaluation to the Fuji gear.

I gave it a brief go, was a part of the "Fuji clan" for just a few days, as I too-briefly evaluated the lenses and system. I was happy enough with the IQ to make a complete switch to Fuji, though the bodies just aren't quite there yet, for me. In the end, I decided that I did not want to add a second "system" to my now very well fleshed-out m4/3 system, even though the Fuji gear netted some wonderful quality images. I do clearly see the "edge" in IQ with the X system vs. m4/3, but ultimately, for the sake of simplicity, space, and finances, I decided to stick with a single system, m4/3, for now.

In another year or two... it could well be ALL-Fuji for me. Add a few more awesome lenses (UWA, for one), improve the AF response, update the bodies a bit more... and YES. With the passage of time... we shall see! :)

I present just a few of the images taken with the gear, as I prepared to leave the house and magnificent 5-acre property in Washington State that I have just sold.

We have been traveling in the motorcoach for the last year and a half. We're going to look at homes in the Scottsdale, AZ area now, with plans to return to the Pacific Northwest in the summers for the next-to-godliness summers that prevail across the Pacific Northwest!

GaryAyala

Mu-43 Legend
Good luck Don on your next chapter. I hope (and suspect) you did well on the sale, the house and grounds are very handsome.

I think many of us feel similarly, if we were to have only one system, it would be µ4/3.

Gary

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom