Share Dragonfly & Butterfly & Insects

RR Jonny

Mu-43 Veteran
Cool. I have not tried tubes yet. Have to give that a go. Any recommendations for someone who has never used them? I have a 75mm f1.8 that might be interesting.
I find the 40-150 ideal, and I am usually pegged at 150mm. I don't like being right on top of the subject, so I stay away from lower focal lengths. I use the Kenko tubes that have electronic contacts to allow for full functionality of the lens.

relic

Mu-43 All-Pro
Nice shot Thomas, I can never get that close to dragonflys with the 60 mm.
Try watching where they land (usually on a stick or similar), and when they fly off, stand (or if you have stool handy, sit) close to it wait and the dragonfly will probably come back and land in the same place and ignore you. At least that has been my experience with some dragonflies.

Try watching where they land (usually on a stick or similar), and when they fly off, stand (or if you have stool handy, sit) close to it wait and the dragonfly will probably come back and land in the same place and ignore you. At least that has been my experience with some dragonflies.
I rarely see dragonflies. But when I do I usually have the 300 and MC-14 on the camera, which usually works well for me because I'm not chasing them off.

Real Name
Ken
Viera
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Macroramphosis

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Roddy
Getting to grips with the new G80 - very slowly, I hasten to add.

European Paper wasp, Polistes dominula, having a drink

G80 + P30mm macro

Zman

Mu-43 Veteran

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom