Share - Dance!

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by kriskerry91, Oct 9, 2012.

1. kriskerry91

kriskerry91 Mu-43 Regular

Share your pictures or dance! Wether it be of yourself, a friend, a performer or a celeb.
    I'll start with some photos of myself dancing, these were taken by my other half using my Olympus E-PM1 and 14-42mm kits lens. No editing has been done and all taken in iAuto mode.
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/bboysmax/8070162429/" title="I want YOU! by Bboy Smax, on Flickr">"768" height="1024" alt="I want YOU!"></a>
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/bboysmax/8070159483/" title="&quot;Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!&quot; by Bboy Smax, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="768" alt="&quot;Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!&quot;"></a>
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/bboysmax/8070152504/" title="Lost my shirt. by Bboy Smax, on Flickr">"1024" height="768" alt="Lost my shirt."></a>
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/bboysmax/8070161910/" title="Forearm stand. by Bboy Smax, on Flickr">"1024" height="768" alt="Forearm stand."></a>

More @ Dance - Me - a set on Flickr

• Like Like x 3
  2. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Nice moves, especially the last one.

Noticed a lot of motion blur. I think iAuto is not setting a fast enough shutter speed. Try using shutter priority mode and set a faster shutter speed to freeze that action.

3. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Agreed
    More or no blur would be BETTER... To ME
    but I think they're cool as heck as is :D

- Eliot@Austin, TX

4. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    I wish I was as fit and supple as you are! :cool:

5. kriskerry91

Yeah after actually uploading them i noticed a fair amount of motion blur, i think the iAuto wasn't the best mode for this shooting as i was trying to do every move as slow as possible for an easy shot aswell!
    It was an overcast day to, late afternoon/early evening time so light wasnt at its peak to assist me.
    I'll do a few experiments with shutter speed next time im shooting!

Thanks for the comments people!

6. David

David Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    Sydney
    I like the first one. nice composition and colors.

7. kriskerry91

Thanks! My other half took a load of pictures on her Canon 60D and edited a bunch, but thought i'd just upload these as 1) they are MFT camera samples and 2) they are straight OOC jpeg's :biggrin:

8. Jason C

Jason C Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2014
    SoCal
    Not much activity in here in awhile, so I think I'll revive the thread for now.

A few years ago a friend invited me to a dance recital his wife and daughters were involved with, and this was a perfect opportunity to go "small gear", yet get quality results. I left the Full frame and the L glass home, and packed my Panasonic G3 mounted with a Rokinon 85mm f/1.4.

I was 13 rows back, and to the left of the stage. I shot at f/2 and iso 1600 for most of the program, used the EVF only and I did not squirm or move all about to take pictures...I barely moved from my seat (respect for others watching, and I was only a guest, not the hired photog).

Stage lighting is tricky, and I knew there would be some blown highlights and lost detail here and there...and even in the same frame. No problemo.

I had a great time, got some good snaps and watched a fabulous show. The nest time I get invited, the camera is staying behind, some things need to be experienced as it happens.

Jason

• Like Like x 3
  9. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Thanks for sharing those Jason C! They are fantastic! I especially like seeing the expressions on the dancers.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jason C

Jason C Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2014
    SoCal
    Thank you. It was a pleasure to watch and to capture.

Jason

• Like Like x 1
  11. DigitalD

DigitalD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2014
    Miami
    David
    Great series. Great emotion. Love them all!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jason C

Jason C Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2014
    SoCal
    Thank you.

Jason

13. pasisti

pasisti Mu-43 Regular

Dec 16, 2013
    Helsinki, Finland
    Here is one from an African diaspora festival:

14383710390_c98bf5f6ed_b. Kilombo by matiasloyt, on Flickr

It's capoeira, but let's count it as dance this one time :)

• Like Like x 1