Share - Dance!

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by kriskerry91, Oct 9, 2012.

1. kriskerry91

kriskerry91 Mu-43 Regular

Share your pictures or dance! Wether it be of yourself, a friend, a performer or a celeb.
    I'll start with some photos of myself dancing, these were taken by my other half using my Olympus E-PM1 and 14-42mm kits lens. No editing has been done and all taken in iAuto mode.
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/bboysmax/8070162429/" title="I want YOU! by Bboy Smax, on Flickr"> View attachment 235158 "768" height="1024" alt="I want YOU!"></a>
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/bboysmax/8070159483/" title="&quot;Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!&quot; by Bboy Smax, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="768" alt="&quot;Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!&quot;"></a>
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/bboysmax/8070152504/" title="Lost my shirt. by Bboy Smax, on Flickr"> View attachment 235159 "1024" height="768" alt="Lost my shirt."></a>
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/bboysmax/8070161910/" title="Forearm stand. by Bboy Smax, on Flickr"> View attachment 235160 "1024" height="768" alt="Forearm stand."></a>

More @ Dance - Me - a set on Flickr

• Like Like x 3
  2. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here Subscribing Member

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Nice moves, especially the last one.

Noticed a lot of motion blur. I think iAuto is not setting a fast enough shutter speed. Try using shutter priority mode and set a faster shutter speed to freeze that action.

3. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Agreed
    More or no blur would be BETTER... To ME
    but I think they're cool as heck as is :D

- Eliot@Austin, TX

4. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    I wish I was as fit and supple as you are! :cool:

5. kriskerry91

Yeah after actually uploading them i noticed a fair amount of motion blur, i think the iAuto wasn't the best mode for this shooting as i was trying to do every move as slow as possible for an easy shot aswell!
    It was an overcast day to, late afternoon/early evening time so light wasnt at its peak to assist me.
    I'll do a few experiments with shutter speed next time im shooting!

Thanks for the comments people!

6. David

David Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    Sydney
    I like the first one. nice composition and colors.

7. kriskerry91

Thanks! My other half took a load of pictures on her Canon 60D and edited a bunch, but thought i'd just upload these as 1) they are MFT camera samples and 2) they are straight OOC jpeg's :biggrin:

8. Jason C

Jason C Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2014
    SoCal
    Not much activity in here in awhile, so I think I'll revive the thread for now.

A few years ago a friend invited me to a dance recital his wife and daughters were involved with, and this was a perfect opportunity to go "small gear", yet get quality results. I left the Full frame and the L glass home, and packed my Panasonic G3 mounted with a Rokinon 85mm f/1.4.

I was 13 rows back, and to the left of the stage. I shot at f/2 and iso 1600 for most of the program, used the EVF only and I did not squirm or move all about to take pictures...I barely moved from my seat (respect for others watching, and I was only a guest, not the hired photog).

Stage lighting is tricky, and I knew there would be some blown highlights and lost detail here and there...and even in the same frame. No problemo.

I had a great time, got some good snaps and watched a fabulous show. The nest time I get invited, the camera is staying behind, some things need to be experienced as it happens.

View attachment 347745

View attachment 347746

View attachment 347747

View attachment 347748

View attachment 347749

View attachment 347750

View attachment 347751

View attachment 347752

Jason

• Like Like x 3
  9. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here Subscribing Member

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Thanks for sharing those Jason C! They are fantastic! I especially like seeing the expressions on the dancers.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jason C

Jason C Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2014
    SoCal
    Thank you. It was a pleasure to watch and to capture.

Jason

• Like Like x 1
  11. DigitalD

DigitalD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2014
    Miami
    David
    Great series. Great emotion. Love them all!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jason C

Jason C Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2014
    SoCal
    Thank you.

Jason

13. pasisti

pasisti Mu-43 Regular

Dec 16, 2013
    Helsinki, Finland
    Here is one from an African diaspora festival:

14383710390_c98bf5f6ed_b. Kilombo by matiasloyt, on Flickr

It's capoeira, but let's count it as dance this one time :)

• Like Like x 1