1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Share Collectibles / Treasures

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by ksn, Jun 17, 2011.

1. ksn

ksn Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 6, 2011
    Wanted to show off something I recently acquired but I just have quick photos, nothing good enough to put into the "product photography" thread.

Braun's Atelier audio systems, released as A/D/S in the US and designed by Dieter Rams in the early 80s.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CD player, cassette player, and radio tuner from top to bottom, each one of these are like 20 pounds. Just missing the receiver and record player from this set now :)

Don't even have any cassettes to put in this thing :biggrin:

Would love to upgrade to a white Braun set sometime in the future, but it's much harder to acquire in the US I think.

[​IMG]

I'd be interested to see what else people "horde" that they're proud to own.

• Like Like x 4
  2. red

red Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2010
    Cameras & Curtas

[​IMG]

[ Rectaflex 16000 camera and a Curta type 1 - both 1951 ]

At the moment my collecting is focused to special cameras and Curta calculators. As a part of my collectors activity I publish images of these objects and the related papers like operation manuals or advertisments (I also make some digital restauration if necesary). I usually use my old camers and take a lot of good old analog pictures... The Curta calculators are only used form time to time so that they stay fit in calculating and me too ... :smile:

• Like Like x 7
  3. aria

aria Mu-43 Regular

Oct 9, 2010
    Rome, Italy
    Vintage Eko from '60

two rare beauties from my collection...

eko.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I LOVE the crazy designs of the EKO guitars. There was an Italian importer in my town who had TONS of these guitars just sitting in a warehouse. Someone found out about the stash in the 80s and pretty quickly cleaned out the great ones (many had badly warped necks from sitting for so long).

After all the great ones were gone, he figured out that people were looking for these old 50s and 60s guitars. Suddenly, all this picked-over warped garbage was 2 or 3 times the price that they should have been.

I remember my friend bought a couple....I always loved all the crazy finishes and push buttons. Thanks for the memories.

OH, that Rectaflex is a thing of beauty!

• Like Like x 1
  5. red

red Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2010
    It's from Rome, Italy - like aria :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  6. ksn

ksn Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 6, 2011
    Changed the title, not sure what I was smoking when I wrote that :)

Love the guitars (wish I knew how to play!) and that calculator. How does the calculator work? Enter numbers and crank the top? Long ago, I took abacus lessons, wish I had the time to retake them, seems like a fairly unique and somewhat useless skill.

7. red

red Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2010
  8. rparmar

rparmar Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Limerick, Ireland
    That Curta calculator is amazing! Have you seen the Difference Engine No. 2 at the Science Museum? A good reason for a trip to London.