Share Birds

SteveAdler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Inspired by @atomicmak to keep working on BIF shots. It's just a pigeon making a short hop... but...

_SBA1481.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

mauve

Mu-43 All-Pro
All the pictures in this thread are so good, let me make a fool of myself. (That, and I really like that small punk that lords over my backyard).
bird_P3050481.jpg

doxa750

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Narin
here are some processed cropped images I am sharing ..
Em1x with 300f/4 and 1.4 tc taken same day last year.
View attachment 876501 View attachment 876502 View attachment 876503 View attachment 876504 View attachment 876505
Mital, I am so very glad that you join and are sharing your images with us. I have been in awe looking at all of your posts, but didn't have a chance to comment till now. Also, I agree with you about Olympus C-AF being behind competition particularly Sony and Canon. You sum up nicely about potential issue with keeper rate due to EVF refresh rate and IS. For this reason, I set my camera to prioritize frame rate over IS and always use high EVF refresh rate when taking wildlife photography.

Anyhow, looking forward for more of your terrific images.

Cheers

Last edited:

atomicmak

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mital Patel
Mital, I am so very glad that you join and are sharing your images with us. I have been in awe lookin at all of your post, but didn't have a chance to comment till now. Also, I agree with you about Olympus C-AF being behind competition particularly Sony and Canon. You sum up nicely about potential issue with keeper rate due to EVF refresh rate and IS. For this reason, I set my camera to prioritize frame rate over IS and always use high EVF refresh rate when taking wildlife photography.

Cheers
I have taken a demo kit for donig some good content creation although i am late on season with most migration is starting to return back and its hot summer here now started.
I am observing some points and will fine tune to get this thing work best for bif and static. Hopefully I may sum up certain situation or settings with a month testing .

atomicmak

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mital Patel
Mital, I am so very glad that you join and are sharing your images with us. I have been in awe lookin at all of your post, but didn't have a chance to comment till now. Also, I agree with you about Olympus C-AF being behind competition particularly Sony and Canon. You sum up nicely about potential issue with keeper rate due to EVF refresh rate and IS. For this reason, I set my camera to prioritize frame rate over IS and always use high EVF refresh rate when taking wildlife photography.

Cheers
Btw i have got one question since you mentioned about the evf refresh rate. does the frame rate high did any betterment ? I have tested EM 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1x with that option On/Off and i felt on all bodies there isnt any diff at all which I could have felt honestly in output. And my Priority is on Frame Rate over IS always on all the bodies.

doxa750

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Narin
Btw i have got one question since you mentioned about the evf refresh rate. does the frame rate high did any betterment ? I have tested EM 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1x with that option On/Off and i felt on all bodies there isnt any diff at all which I could have felt honestly in output. And my Priority is on Frame Rate over IS always on all the bodies.
Honestly, it helps but I notice better hit rate when I prioritize frame rate over IS. EVF high refresh rate helps me noticing focus confirmation (green dot) as well as where the focus box on the subject better as I track the subject. However, for a very fast moving subject such as falcon or swift, it becomes irrelevant for me.

With someone as skill as you, I am sure you will eventually find what works best for you. However, I don't think you can expect it to be as good as the like of Sony or Canon AF system as those are class leading IMHO.

atomicmak

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mital Patel
With someone as skill as you, I am sure you will eventually find what works best for you. However, I don't think you can expect it to be as good as the like of Sony or Canon AF system as those are class leading IMHO.
I wont be comparing OLY with either Sony or Canon as they are all in a 1" sensor game which makes them at diff level too.

atomicmak

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mital Patel
Little bit on soft side and cropped as well about 50%. Em1x with 300f/4 and 2x tc.
P2283999.jpg

Fred S

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Fred S
Chickadee from yesterday morning

Chickadee 21-03-01 re01.jpg

Keeth101

Mu-43 All-Pro
Great Tit - Parus major

45488571192_02b6799888_b.jpg

SteveAdler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Honestly, it helps but I notice better hit rate when I prioritize frame rate over IS. EVF high refresh rate helps me noticing focus confirmation (green dot) as well as where the focus box on the subject better as I track the subject. However, for a very fast moving subject such as falcon or swift, it becomes irrelevant for me.

I didn;t know about the refresh rate or frame rate impacts on BIF. Will try that out. Thank you!

Fred S

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Fred S
The Eagles Nest
Not the sharpest but I will take them .
Found this yesterday while hiking along the river bank . Along with 25 other photographers (LOL)

Eagle 21-03-03 re.jpg

doxa750

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Narin
The Eagles Nest
Not the sharpest but I will take them .
Found this yesterday while hiking along the river bank . Along with 25 other photographers (LOL)

View attachment 876546
Very nice. This makes me want to hit the road to my usual 1.5hours drive wildlife refuge. There are 3 bald eagles couples resident and they would be doing the same as in this photo ;-).

I think I will wait another week for my back pain issue to full goes away. That two weeks of -10 to -25C caused me a lot of issue and I barely touched my gear until recently.

Fred S

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Fred S
Very nice. This makes me want to hit the road to my usual 1.5hours drive wildlife refuge. There are 3 bald eagles couples resident and they would be doing the same as in this photo ;-).

I think I will wait another week for my back pain issue to full goes away. That two weeks of -10 to -25C caused me a lot of issue and I barely touched my gear until recently.

Thank you Narin
I know the feeling. It was also -10 to -30 C here for a few weeks . Getting old Sucks.
They were my firsts shots in over a month .

atomicmak

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mital Patel
Greater Spotted Eagle with a frog in the Claws. Frog was alive during the whole flight i could hear its deathly voice before the eagle perched on the nearby tree and the end of the life of a frog.
Shot with Em1X + 300f/4
P2160330.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom