Share Birds

relic

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thanks, again, Barrie for all your helpful suggestions. I've replaced the previous bird picture with one that I hope looks better. However, the shallow depth of field is still a problem and I hope in the future I'll be more careful with my aperture (especially with the long lens).

relic

Mu-43 All-Pro
Many thanks, Ric, for your advice. Since I posted my original "harsh" picture, and after trying to rework it from the original, following advice from Barrie, I did notice that when I increase the contrast, the saturation also tends to increase markedly, and just as you said, makes the picture look harsh. Again, what wonderful pictures in this thread (as well as many others).

isabel95

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Really gorgeous pigeon picture...

Shows the beautiful irridescent feather colors so beautifully - so that for a moment we forget what pests they are.
Isabel

Have not been shooting for a while and went out this evening for a walk. Shot this pigeon.

Pigeon
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
"1024" height="1024" alt="Pigeon" /></a>[/img]

Thanks for viewing and for also sharing your postings!

Cheers and have a nice day.

ric

Boyzo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Good to see you posting again Ric and your bird shots are always wonderful not to mention the types of birds you have over there. :thumbup:

ricseet

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi John, thanks for your feedback and for dropping by.

Been busy as dad is pretty ill. Hoping he has a speedy recovery.

Right now it is the migratory season for birds from North of Asia and I have not got the chance to capture them yet. May go this morning.

Take care John

cheers

ric

p.s. i enjoy being here and still have lots of birdie to share.

Good to see you posting again Ric and your bird shots are always wonderful not to mention the types of birds you have over there. :thumbup:

walt_tbay

Mu-43 Veteran
Here are a couple of efforts at bird photography.

The first picture is of a peacock that lives at the resort I visited last January in the Dominican Republic. He was hanging around the pool area with the rest of the tourists. I have to admit that this picture was taken with my Panasonic FX-100 :redface:

The second picture is of a bird (I'm not sure what kind) that was perched on a branch at a conservation area on Lake Superior. I was actually down there watching kayakers and canoers paddling around in the icy waters :eek: The photo was taken with my GF1 using the 14-140 zoom lens.

ricseet

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi Walt_tbay

Lovely capture of this gorgeous bird. Love the angle that you took this shot.

The second shot with the 14-140 is sharp. Great work.

I have consulted and they welcome all cams becos we members upgrade from one system to another from time to time. I too shoot with Pana/Oly 4/3 and m4/3.
Perfectly acceptable - not a need to have a RED FACE now.
I appreciate their flexibility.

Thanks for sharing your posting with us.

cheers and have a nice day

ric

The first picture is of a peacock that lives at the resort I visited last January in the Dominican Republic. He was hanging around the pool area with the rest of the tourists. I have to admit that this picture was taken with my Panasonic FX-100 :redface:

The second picture is of a bird (I'm not sure what kind) that was perched on a branch at a conservation area on Lake Superior. I was actually down there watching kayakers and canoers paddling around in the icy waters :eek: The photo was taken with my GF1 using the 14-140 zoom lens.

[/QUOTE]

f6cvalkyrie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Winter has arrived, and this makes the pheasants come out of the forest and wetlands to find easy food in my garden.
Here's this male is overlooking the place, and getting ready to jump down to eat :biggrin:

G1 with Nikkor 300/2.8 IF-ED

C U,
Rafael​

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
Lunch Time

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
I had just gotten my GF1 toward the end of the season here - I hope to get better pics of the herons here next year.

ricseet

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi Rafael, great capture of a great gorgeous colorful bird. I have not seen one like this before.
Thanks for sharing your posting!
Do drop by again.

cheers and have a nice day.

Winter has arrived, and this makes the pheasants come out of the forest and wetlands to find easy food in my garden.
Here's this male is overlooking the place, and getting ready to jump down to eat :biggrin:

G1 with Nikkor 300/2.8 IF-ED

C U,
Rafael​

ricseet

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi jhob, great set of Nature images - you did well. Do more of it and you may get to like it.
Thanks for sharing your postings

ric

Nature is not my usual subject but I was playing around with my vivitar 70-210 today and got these:

ricseet

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi Richard, nice capture with he GF1. Next year is a long way off and is there any other birdie you can shoot going forward?
Thanks for sharing your posting.

ric

I had just gotten my GF1 toward the end of the season here - I hope to get better pics of the herons here next year.

f6cvalkyrie

Mu-43 All-Pro
The pheasants have dropped by again, ric, and so do I :biggrin:
Yesterday's male even brought his brother/friend today

G1 with 45-200 in AF/AE mode

C U,
Rafael​

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom