Real Name
Tim

Barking

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Jeff
Chomping on a Dandelion...I need him for my lawn 🤣🤣
OI001524-03.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Dad Pun Joke Master Over Nine Thousand Meme Lord
Real Name
Ovidiu
W0LF4424-Edit.JPG

"Chinese Dinner for Four delivery?" Sorry for the high noise, even at ISO 1.250 Topaz had a lot of trouble because the light was very low for f 6.3, needing to boost the shadows forced the chroma noise to multiply like flees in the summer. The moment was so fast and instant that I did not have a lot of time to react, I could have gotten away with 2-3 stops of slower shutter speed but this Uber driver seemed to be in Rush Hour 4.

Found a better one, more or less:
W0LF4411-Edit.JPG

"Anyone ordered a big dinner?"

Last edited:

doxa750

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Narin
This small pond/swamp liked area has been my favorite spot for past weeks. More Green Heron, Wood Ducks, etc.

The issue has to do with lots of waterfowls drops so I was too afraid to lay down on the ground :). The Green Heron always hung out at the area where I could only photograph from the boardwalk so forget about any eye level images unless one flies at the right spot and moment.

The last two images are slightly cropped so there are tons of details. Unless you look at them through Flickr, you won't see those.

51173615038_3f4468326e_o.jpg
EM130222_DxO by Narin, on Flickr
51173381186_97e9f8e187_o.jpg
EM130620_DxO by Narin, on Flickr
51174481880_1773e17d11_o.jpg
EM130702_DxO by Narin, on Flickr
51173384831_43ebe784af_o.jpg
EM131029_DxO by Narin, on Flickr
51178087182_89bc68c892_o.jpg
EM530729_DxO by Narin, on Flickr
51173389911_1bdf02e41e_o.jpg
EM530338_DxO by Narin, on Flickr
51172723692_c7431bb9a3_o.jpg
EM530388_DxO by Narin, on Flickr

Last edited:

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
View attachment 888602
"Chinese Dinner for Four delivery?" Sorry for the high noise, even at ISO 1.250 Topaz had a lot of trouble because the light was very low for f 6.3, needing to boost the shadows forced the chroma noise to multiply like flees in the summer. The moment was so fast and instant that I did not have a lot of time to react, I could have gotten away with 2-3 stops of slower shutter speed but this Uber driver seemed to be in Rush Hour 4.

Found a better one, more or less:
View attachment 888605
"Anyone ordered a big dinner?"
I'm trying DxO PureRAW and it does some nice things with high-ISO pictures. They have a demo, and after trying a handful of really high-ISO images (4000, 6400, even 25600), I decided it was worth the buy. It's become the first step in my development process now.

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Real Name
Ovidiu
I'm trying DxO PureRAW and it does some nice things with high-ISO pictures. They have a demo, and after trying a handful of really high-ISO images (4000, 6400, even 25600), I decided it was worth the buy. It's become the first step in my development process now.
I actually have DxO PhotoLab 4 but I am struggling to find a workflow without feeling utterly lost and confused. Generally, I don't even know where to start and I don't know how far to go to get the look I am usually used to go for. And the more I am frustrated with feeling bogged down the more I feel the need to retreat back to Lightroom + Topaz to feel like I am making progress with my backlog. It's depressing just thinking about it again.

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
I actually have DxO PhotoLab 4 but I am struggling to find a workflow without feeling utterly lost and confused. Generally, I don't even know where to start and I don't know how far to go to get the look I am usually used to go for. And the more I am frustrated with feeling bogged down the more I feel the need to retreat back to Lightroom + Topaz to feel like I am making progress with my backlog. It's depressing just thinking about it again.
Yeah, a change can definitely be a pain. My plan is to save RAW to a folder, process the images through DxO:pR, exporting as jpg, and dropping into my final library for mild tweaks. We'll see how it goes. :)

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Real Name
Ovidiu
Yeah, a change can definitely be a pain. My plan is to save RAW to a folder, process the images through DxO:pR, exporting as jpg, and dropping into my final library for mild tweaks. We'll see how it goes. :)
I always keep the .ORF or .DNG (I prefer the DNG though because it saves the editing information inside the file instead of losing the .XMP in so many pockets that I don't know what trousers I have on today :p ) and keep a .JPEG with the final edits for quick and easy sharing and printing.
I have been debilitated recently by the frightening thought of "is it possible to shoot JPEG only and still get the most out of the M4/3 IQ* to downsize the time I am glued to the screen before my partner kills my laptop out of jealousy ... darn it I'm going to have nightmares again tonight.

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
I actually have DxO PhotoLab 4 but I am struggling to find a workflow without feeling utterly lost and confused.

Exactly why I decided to eventually accept Adobe's drip payment system, Ovidiu.

15+ years experience ... it's just too painful to start again, for minimal gains (if any ... ).

It's depressing just thinking about it again.
If it's causing that kind of grief, just forget it, mate!

The PP pain is also why I shoot RAW + LSF JPEGs, and try to get it right in the camera.

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
I always keep the .ORF or .DNG (I prefer the DNG though because it saves the editing information inside the file instead of losing the .XMP in so many pockets that I don't know what trousers I have on today :p ) and keep a .JPEG with the final edits for quick and easy sharing and printing.
I have been debilitated recently by the frightening thought of "is it possible to shoot JPEG only and still get the most out of the M4/3 IQ* to downsize the time I am glued to the screen before my partner kills my laptop out of jealousy ... darn it I'm going to have nightmares again tonight.
I have at times shot jpg only, with superfine detail and some mild tweaks to how the camera produces the JPGs. It can certainly be done, especially if you find yourself applying the same adjustments in the same scenarios most of the time. It can actually save you some time, IMO. You can use custom modes for you most-oft used scenarios, too. It puts more challenge on getting it right at the time of shooting, but it I guess that's the cost to cut down on library woes.

For me, if I'm diving too deeply into "saving" a photo and squeezing the last bit of detail out of a shot, it's probably time to consider trashing it instead. There have been a few times when I wish I had gotten a better exposure of a particular situation, but alas, I failed!

PacNWMike

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
RoseCk_05-11_0124.jpg
RoseCk_05-11_0127.jpg

AllanG

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Allan
Kookaburra

Kookaburra.jpg

Last edited:

AllanG

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Allan
P5180029_ARG.jpg

Ruby-throated hummingbird. It appears that he has caught something in his beak too? thanks to @WhidbeyLVR (see below) for explaining that this is his tongue.

_5175128_DxOdc2LM.jpg

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom