Share Birds

Australasian Pipit
PB140667E-DR.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
PB080508E-DR.jpg
PA192353E-DR.jpg

we have a lot of Tasmanian Native Hens, but two that live just next to our house are so accustomed to us they are at ease when we wander about and I 'talk' to them and they just continue with their eating, sitting etc.
They disappeared for about 2 weeks then one day appeared with 4 young chickens who have continued to grow and they too have become comfortable with our presence. These are wild birds and others in nearby dam are off like a shot when I appear.

DickB

Mu-43 Rookie
we have a lot of Tasmanian Native Hens, but two that live just next to our house are so accustomed to us they are at ease when we wander about and I 'talk' to them and they just continue with their eating, sitting etc.
They disappeared for about 2 weeks then one day appeared with 4 young chickens who have continued to grow and they too have become comfortable with our presence. These are wild birds and others in nearby dam are off like a shot when I appear.
Love the photos and story, had never heard of these birds. Amazing what you learn in this forum!

doxa750

Mu-43 Regular
View attachment 858894View attachment 858895View attachment 858891View attachment 858893View attachment 858892
[/QUOTE]
Never heard or for sure seen them before :) Great capture and thanks for the story.

Cheers

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron

mcgillro

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The leucistic swan was reasonably close to the track, and therefore the camera, today.

PB210005 Clive leucistic swan.jpg

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom