Share Birds

ricseet

Mu-43 All-Pro
Brett, overall I am very happy with this lens. Nice colors, sharp and detail. Infect, I shoot exclusively with this PL 14-150mm for such close-ups to birdies. Although I have the 20mm f 1.7, i use this occasionally.

Thank you for your feedback.

ric

the detail is amazing. I need one of those lenses!

ricseet

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi Gordon, I have been shooting exclusively with this lens for the last 3 years now with the L10/GH1. Yep I have to use adapter for the GH1. When I need a closer reach i attached my Raynox 250 to the PL. The min working distance is about 9 inches. This seems to work out for me.
For sure the Oly 50mm f 2 is far superior to this combo and I have seen super pics.

Thanks for viewing.

cheers and have a nice weekend.

ric

So this must be the PL 4/3 lens adapted to your m4/3 GH1? Thanks for posting, I didn't know this lens was a good macro performer.

Regards,
Gordon

JoeFriday

Mu-43 Regular
I'd really like to see an image of this lens on the camera (or better yet, on an EP1/EP2). I've been thinking of getting one for a while, but I can't quite grasp the size of it.

ricseet

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi BB, thanks for flagging me about the 3rd pic. Strange, I can see right here. Let me add it one more time and hope it works this time.

Thanks for your feedback.

cheers ric

RonSmith

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Those are gorgeous, Ric!

You have me hovering between either buying that lens or selling all my gear and taking up the accordion.

ricseet

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thank you Ron. Best solution is buy this lens and keep the rest as well.
On a serious note, over the last three years I have not found the need to buy the Oly 50mm f 2 becos I am getting 'good enough' close up shoots with this lens. The min working distance is about 9 inches and I can get full frame for butterfly and dragonfly. Otherwise I use the EZ mode which gives me a 700mm reach at 3MP. Shot many birdies this way and getting decent shots. Will post some EZ mode images next.
The Oly of course gives better results but I am a lazy shooter and hate changing lens. So I went for the compromised solution.

cheers & have a nice day!

ric

Boyzo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hi and welcome Ric.
That's a beautiful shot, and showcases that lens.
Patience needed for that shot :)

oops refering to the Photo thread

John

Boyzo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
WOW !!!

Hi and welcome Ric.

That's a beautiful shot, and showcases that lens.

Patience needed for that shot :)

Hi Everyone,

I thought it would be a good idea to post and share different pics of Nature on this thread.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
"1024" height="1024" alt="Wasp" /></a>[/img]

Thank you for viewing.

ric

ricseet

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thank you John for the warm welcome.
I really have no other choice as I do not have any other lens except the 20mm f 1.7 and the L10 kit lens 14-50mm.
So are you you coming along with your PL 14-150 and PL 14-50 f 2.8?

cheers and take care

ric

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Hi Ric, I also have the PL 14-150 - which is why I appreciate how much skill you have in these images... absolutely fantastic!

Great having you here too :friends:

Cheer

Brian

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom