1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Share a bad photo!

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by Wasabi Bob, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

After returning from a day of shooting, how many times have you reviewed your work and quickly decided that certain ones were not worth keeping? Not so fast! I decided to see if I could salvage such a shot. In this shot I had generally poor focus due to my assumption that the camera was AF mode. A conversion to B&W and some contrast tweaks created a surreal look that complemented the subject matter.

How about sharing some of your mistakes that turned out to be interesting photos?

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/wasabi_bob/8590109787/" title="Only in LV2_24 sm by Wasabi Bob, on Flickr"> 8590109787_a053ee9025_c. "800" height="800" alt="Only in LV2_24 sm"></a>

2. DanSullivan

DanSullivan Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    Colorado
    Dan Sullivan
    I thought I finally had a thread I could be expert at, until you said 'turned out to be interesting' !

This might take a bit of work :wink:

3. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    rpamparo
    :biggrin:

here are a couple of technically "bad" contributions that are now kinda "interesting" :tongue:

8786316837_7827864088_b.
    Biker Boy by rpamparo, on Flickr

7884473228_120ddb46b6_b.
    Run to the light! by rpamparo, on Flickr

4. rnagoda

rnagoda Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Robert
    I've always liked this one almost as much as I wished it was a better shot ... maybe it fits this category - definitely a bad grab, at least:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/rnagoda/8549713485/" title="Lincoln Memorial Visitors by Robert Nagoda, on Flickr">"800" height="601" alt="Lincoln Memorial Visitors"></a>

5. lefty

lefty Mu-43 Regular

trying and failing to get the obligatory cheesy kids "smile for the camera" shot
    [​IMG]

cropped it and it looks much better
    [​IMG]

failed attempt at the "blow the dandelion"
    she put the dandelion in her mouth then spent the next 5 minutes coughing and spluttering. End of photo session.

[​IMG]

6. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

Priceless!

Great shot, even a better story!

7. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    Great idea for a thread...

I was babysitting when I quickly snapped this first shot of my wife's boss' daughter with my 75/1.8. Came out way underexposed and blurry because of a slow shutter speed. Played around and processed it in b&w. While I thought it was interesting (like a charcoal painting), my wife's boss loved it, printed and framed it, and now has it on display in her office. :tongue:

Cherub.

This second one came out way underexposed and very blurry as well. Setting up the shot in this underground aquarium tunnel was quite the struggle. After some heavy processing in LR, came up with something quite interesting (at least for me), though I clearly see a halo around the shark (from too much processing).

Surfacing.

8. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
    Faliure that turned out to be quite a funny photo :)
    Hehe__.

9. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010