Shake and Blur

pancake

Mu-43 Regular
Hi all, Will the IS on a E-p1 improve my blurry pics? I currently use a GF1 with the 20mm 1.7 and I get about one in five pics in focus. I would keep the lens, but would like to try the Oly for the IS to see how it works out. I dont think I shake very much lol but I think the IS would suit me better. Any thoughts much appreciated thanks.

willo

Mu-43 Regular
As streetshooter said, post some pics so we can help you. Also when are taking these pics, during the day or night time?

photoSmart42

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hi all, Will the IS on a E-p1 improve my blurry pics? I currently use a GF1 with the 20mm 1.7 and I get about one in five pics in focus. I would keep the lens, but would like to try the Oly for the IS to see how it works out. I dont think I shake very much lol but I think the IS would suit me better. Any thoughts much appreciated thanks.

It's also possible you get impatient while taking photos. My wife used to do that where she would start pointing the camera somewhere else the moment she pushed the shutter release button. In the millisecond it takes the camera to record the photo it captures the motion and you end up with blur. IS won't solve that issue if that's what's going on. The blur went away for her as soon as she started being a bit more patient with the camera.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
What ya learn with a Leica is to....
Breathe normally and then hold yer breath for a second as you release the shutter....
this helps unless it's that once in a lifetime image...then just cross yer fingers....

we need images....

pancake

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks all, I will just have to practice holding still whilst I take a shot. Low light shooting aint too bad with the 20mm wide open, but alot are blurred. Good excuse to go out and practice more with this great little camera and lens :)

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Pancake,
Use a neck strap in low light. Hold the camera out front and get the strap tight against the back of your neck. This creates tension....Keep your elbows locked to your side...
Breathe in, hold your breath, expose and then exhale....
It'll start making sharp images right away....

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
East Charleton, near Kingsbridge, south Devon (UK)
Real Name
Barrie
As an ex Leica M3 user I agree with Streetshooter, breathe control and squeeze the shutter release gently, but of course with an eye level viewfinder the camera is being held much more securely than when using the monitor as you presumably are on the GF1, holding these cameras at arms length is, in my opinion a very poor way of having to hold a camera, unless of course you are using the optional plug in viewfinder.

Barrie

Latest threads

Top Bottom