SGP Skin guards for Panasonic Cameras

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Bullfrog, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

2. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    looks good

I have had a look at the website and the Skin gurad (Carbon) really appeals to me for the GF1.
    I see in the states it sells for $15.99 but is showing as out of stock!
    I have contacted them and asked them if they have UK dealers/sources or failing that, if they will ship one to me when back in stock - now have to sit and wait.

3. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Thanks

Thanks you for this.

I will wait for a response from SGP and then decide which route to go.:bravo-009:

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    This looks cool. I like the deep black. Hopefully they'll do other colors too!

Attached Files:

5. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Carbon fibre for me

They all look great but for me the Carbon fibre version is my choice, just have to wait and see what they say about availability and stock.
    :smile:

6. Holmes375

Holmes375 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2010
    Rocky Mountains, USA
    That carbon fibre is very cool - my camera would match my kayak paddle :)

This really is ridiculous... I won't even have my G1 in hand until tomorrow yet I'm already scheming my way to a GF1.

I'm justifying this in my mind being it's the easist way to acquire the 20mm lens :)

7. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Go for it

Now is probably a good time to get the GF1 kit with 20mm lens as some retailers are selling stock from before Christmas for a good price before the price hike!

8. maxpiz

maxpiz Mu-43 Regular

Jan 5, 2010
    Easy to remove?

I would ask if they remain stains when you remove the skin. The skin is easily applied? But mostly you can just as easily removed without any signs that remain on the camera?
    Thanks in advance:drinks:

9. Bullfrog

With the Deep Black Skinguard.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. maxpiz

maxpiz Mu-43 Regular

Jan 5, 2010
    Nobody helps me?

11. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    I doubt very much whether these skins will leave any residue you won't be able to remove. The adhesive is well developed for this task.

Cheers

Brian

12. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I was going to say the same thing but don't have the personal experience to know for sure. Maybe asking SGP is the safest route.

13. Bullfrog

They won't / don't leave any residue. 100% tested as I had to reset one piece. It came away flawlessly and restuck perfectly.

14. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    They seem to have these for the pen as well. How "thick" is the material? Also, does it have a good feel/grip?

Dj

15. Bullfrog

It has quite a good feel and, I think, enhances the grip a little. It's certainly not slippery. The material is very thin, but also tough and seems quite scratch resistant. It blends well onto the body.

16. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
  17. Bullfrog

It's the same idea but a different product. The fact that it blocks access to the interface door sort of killed that as a choice for me.

18. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Just got my Deep Black SGP Skin Guard from the SGP store in USA. Very nice, goes on easily - and can be removed again without leaving any residue. It makes the GF1 easier to hold, a quality product at the price IMHO

19. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Nicely done Bullfrog, that combination looks great with the skin, EVF and especially that shade on the 20mm.

It really does remind me of a modern version of the Leica CL.

Rock on!!

• Like Like x 1