1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

SFMOMA and Fountains

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Mitchell Zimmerman, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Mitchell Zimmerman

Mitchell Zimmerman New to Mu-43

Jun 8, 2010
    Palo Alto CA
    Here's a photo taken of the fountains at Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco, looking toward SFMOMA. I'd like some advice regarding exposure or brightness control, or whatever my problem is here. At first glance, the white fountains seem to overwhelm the balance of the photo, and they just look overexposed. But when you enlarge the photo, you can see that it's not actually overexposed for the water -- there's ample detail of bubbles and froth. Is this simply a compositional error, or is there something that could be done or could have been done so that it looks okay? Thanks.

No photo. I am completely at a loss as to how to upload this. After several efforts, I resized my too-large photo to 1024 by 1365. But I am getting a message when I try to upload it, that I've exceeded the dimensions limit of 2048 x 1024, because my file is 1024 x 1365. Huh? Help. (By the way, since this is a Mu 4/3 forum, how come all the dimension limits are 2 x 1?) Grrr.

2. jeffnesh

jeffnesh Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 29, 2010
    Iowa
    No photo posted?

3. Mitchell Zimmerman

Mitchell Zimmerman New to Mu-43

Jun 8, 2010
    Palo Alto CA
    Photo upload problem

See revised message. I can't figure out how to get a photo into what mu-43 recognizes as appropriate limits. Seems pretty idiotic, frankly.

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus