Severe addiction has begun. (Austin, Tx)

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by claytonluke, Oct 28, 2012.

1. claytonluke

claytonluke Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 24, 2012
    Austin
    Clayton Hunter
    Hello All,

My name is Clayton. I live in Austin. Recently became more interested in taking photos for fun. Around five months ago I purchased my E-pl1 with the kit lens. Use to just have an old Canon point n shoot. Soon after picked up the Sigma 19mm. Still currently shooting with both lenses. I'm quite surprised by the quality of photos I get using the Sigma. I myself still have no idea what most of everyone is talking about on here. I have much to learn still. Hopefully I can manage to keep away from the the pretty shiny things jumping out at me like the om-d and all the lenses and just focus on actually learning. I look forward to gaining knowledge from you guys. Another thing I greatly appreciate is the maturity in these forums. I've done my share of reading reviews and bouncing around. This is unlike most others. Thanks guys.

Clayton

• Like Like x 5
  2. North20

North20 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 18, 2012
    East of the Cascades, PNW
    Pat
    Welcome Clayton :smile:

Like you, I find this forum to very likely be the most mature & friendliest photography oriented gear site out there. Post some images up when you get the chance!

3. iGonzoid

iGonzoid Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 6, 2011
    Tasmania, Australia
    Welcome, I too have found this forum a great community of advice, support and encouragement. I like the global nature of the membership and the range of experience, dating right back [like me] to the analogue past of the last century that still dictates how we see things [the laws of physics can only be bent so much by computer correction]. It is a great place to learn and you will find a really stimulating range of opinions on gear, technique and aesthetic. Ask anything, learn much and respond to that which you like to encourage others.

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome! It never hurts to start with one camera and stay with it as you learn. Master your equipment and you'll enjoy it for a long time to come. :thumbup:

5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Welcome to the forum Clayton. Feel free just to post a question. Remember that there may be several answers to any question. The best way to improve is to shoot, shoot some more and then when you thing you're all done, shoot again. The sooner you transition into and learn "Manual" mode the quicker you'll climb the photographic learning curve.

Good Luck and Good Shooting,
    Gary

6. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    wooooooo atx!
    im just up in round rock! :D
    nice to have more mu43'rs!