Setting up an M1mkIII?

Real Name
Paul
I was one of the lucky few who were able to score an M1mkIII in yesterday's cybermonday sale. As a current owner of an M1mkI and an M5mkII I've been planning and budgeting for an upgrade for quite awhile. I've followed along with numerous threads for other recent OMDs, but the advice all seems to run together after a while. I'm turning to my mu-43 friends to point me in the direction of a few good resources to help set up my new camera. Some particulars-
-I have a couple of SHG lenses- the 35-100 and the 150f2- so I'm hoping to optimize C-AF for those lenses​
-Would like to do some BIF with the 150f2 or my 300f4​
-Will eventually get the Nauticam underwater housing​
-Along with the 3 lenses mentioned above, my most used lenses over the last few years have been the Oly 8mm, PL 8-14, and the Oly 12-40. I also have the P20, P25, Oly 45, Oly 60, and the Oly 75​
-In general I go for more outdoorsy wildlife-ish, astro, and landscape scenes than indoor architecture or people portraits​
Take it away, hive mind :)

I also meant to mention that I put my BIF/fast action in a custom mode based on Shutter priority. I have the function lever set to both be C-AF, but the toggle will change the focus group type. I typically have the sensitivity at +2, but I have that starred as a quick menu item to change as needed.

With the 4/3 lenses your burst rates will be lower than on the m4/3 lenses and this thread and testing by @alex g will give you lots of information (refer to the EM1.2) https://www.mu-43.com/threads/e-m1-vs-e-m1-mk-ii-burst-rates-with-four-thirds-lenses.89602/
For the fastest burst rates go with the e shutter low continuous to still have active focus between shots. There was another thread on there somewhere discussing if you lose some detail in fast action with the e-shutter, but I haven't had any issues or tested the differences enough to notice anything. Pro capture L (the one with active focus) is not going to be an option with the 4/3 lenses.

Real Name
Paul
Thanks, I appreciate it :) Got the camera today and it's pristine. Charged the battery till the charger showed green; turned on the camera and the low battery indicator was flashing. Doh! I did have enough power to find out the shutter count was less than 100 and it's only been powered on 30 times. I've got a couple of batteries on the way from Olympus so we'll see where the problem lies...

Real Name
Paul
Re-charged the battery, and it's just fine. Weird. Took a closer look and I can't find a single rub, mark, or flaw. This is easily the best-conditioned refurb I've bought yet. Can't wait to take it out and put it through it's paces...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom