Setting up a VF-2 for long-sighted shooter...

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Farcanalman, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Farcanalman

Feb 12, 2012
    I am slightly long sighted and want to know how to set up a VF-2.

How do I go about this? With the screen and my glasses on I am constantly peering over the glasses at the target, then down through the glasses at the screen to get focus. If I use a view-finder, my problem with be how to know when the diopter adjustment I make matches the actual real image!

I hope that makes sense, I just don't want to be stuck with using the screen in the field with all sorts of glare and such making life difficult.

2. drizek

drizek Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    Use autofocus then use the diopter adjustment until the view in the VF is focused as well.
  3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    The diopter adjustment is the rubber ring on the eye-piece that turns. You'll notice there's a line marking on it, and there are +/- markings on the VF-2 body which will line up with the marking on the rubber ring.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    I am near sighted and wear progressives, which make the vf-2 a challeng as well. To key in, I used a brick wall and tripod, use autofocus then looked through vf-2 and rotated eyepiece until it was in focus and marked spot, then refocused vf-2 without my glasses and marked spot. Now I just turn eye piece to markings- one for with glasses and one for without. Hope this helps.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Farcanalman

Feb 12, 2012

That should do it, I was wondering if it would be that easy, just had to ask the near obvious!

6. elpanda

elpanda Mu-43 Regular

Feb 22, 2011
    I took the on screen text as a reference, if it's in focus then the whole picture is in focus as well.