Setting up a VF-2 for long-sighted shooter...

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Farcanalman, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Farcanalman

Farcanalman  

Feb 12, 2012
    I am slightly long sighted and want to know how to set up a VF-2.

How do I go about this? With the screen and my glasses on I am constantly peering over the glasses at the target, then down through the glasses at the screen to get focus. If I use a view-finder, my problem with be how to know when the diopter adjustment I make matches the actual real image!

I hope that makes sense, I just don't want to be stuck with using the screen in the field with all sorts of glare and such making life difficult.

:confused:

2. drizek

drizek Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    Use autofocus then use the diopter adjustment until the view in the VF is focused as well.

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    The diopter adjustment is the rubber ring on the eye-piece that turns. You'll notice there's a line marking on it, and there are +/- markings on the VF-2 body which will line up with the marking on the rubber ring.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    I am near sighted and wear progressives, which make the vf-2 a challeng as well. To key in, I used a brick wall and tripod, use autofocus then looked through vf-2 and rotated eyepiece until it was in focus and marked spot, then refocused vf-2 without my glasses and marked spot. Now I just turn eye piece to markings- one for with glasses and one for without. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Farcanalman

Farcanalman  

Feb 12, 2012
    Thanks...

That should do it, I was wondering if it would be that easy, just had to ask the near obvious!

:redface:

6. elpanda

elpanda Mu-43 Regular

Feb 22, 2011
    HK
    Jacques
    I took the on screen text as a reference, if it's in focus then the whole picture is in focus as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.