1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Setting up a G5 for use with a Rokinon 7.5mm fisheye

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by nymytemaus, Jun 3, 2013.

1. nymytemaus

nymytemaus Mu-43 Regular

May 13, 2013
    NYC
    Jane
    Hi all,

I have seen conflicting information on how to set up a camera for use with the Rokinon 7.5mm fisheye, a new acquisition of mine. Some say to set the camera for aperture priority and some say to set up the camera for use without a lense. Can anyone help me out here with my Lumix G5?

Many thanks!

Best,
    Jane

2. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    You have to do both, more or less. You must use the "without a lens" setting -- but then setting the camera to aperture priority will tell the metering system to only try to adjust the shutter speed and ISO to get the exposure. Not an either/or situation but do both.

Had a 7.5mm for awhile -- great lens but I wanted a "normal" ultrawide and sold it to help fund the rather pricey 7-14mm.

EDIT: Oh and for anyone shooting OLYMPUS BODIES don't forget to set the stabilizer manual focal length to 8 mm. It's close enough. On the other hand, you don't need the stabilizer much at that focal length -- however if you don't explicitly set it up for the right length OR turn the stabilizing off you will have blur problems.

3. nymytemaus

nymytemaus Mu-43 Regular

May 13, 2013
    NYC
    Jane
    Thanks much. That should help!

4. nymytemaus

nymytemaus Mu-43 Regular

May 13, 2013
    NYC
    Jane
    Oh, and I checked out the 7-14mm. You are right. It is rather pricey. Out of my budget right now anyway:) Hope you are enjoying it.