1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Setting for new EM-1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jerrykur, Sep 23, 2014.

1. jerrykur

jerrykur Mu-43 Regular

Aug 23, 2012
    Northern CA
    Hi,

I just picked up an EM-1 from the refurbished store. Are there any specific settings I should be sure to make? I also shoot Canon so I want to move the focus the back of the camera, and I am sure there are good settings in those menus.

Thanks,

Jerry

2. lightmonkey

lightmonkey Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 22, 2013
    turn on super-control-panel
    run the sensor recalibration or whtaever thing is buried deep in the menu
    calibrate the level
    set MF focus direction to be same as zoom direction

3. m4/3boy

m4/3boy Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 21, 2013
    FWIW, I've found this document to be informative but very poorly written. IMO it needs more streamlining and far fewer irrelevant remarks which prove to be diversionary. A good index would also be super along with a separate in depth write up of practical operating instructions.

I applaud the author's effort though and given that he has spent hundreds of hours producing the document we should all be thankful for his help.

My 2 cents,

Don Bryant

4. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
  5. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
  6. Kirk

Kirk Mu-43 Regular

Aug 26, 2014
    Portland, Oregon
    Dpreview has a great write up for getting the most out of the E-M5 that still mostly applies to the E-M1. In addition to the SCP, turning on the highlight & shadow warning for both EVF and LCD is crucial. Oh, and hit the live view button on the back top left.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43

7. billbooz

billbooz Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2014
    Lynchburg, VA USA
    William H. Booz
    OK, I've owned the Olympus OM-D E-M1 for over a week and a half (but haven't been shooting with it that much during that time, unfortunately) and have decided to make a few custom changes to conserve battery life and for a few other personal shooting reasons: http://www.infotor.com/blog/limited-customization-of-my-olympus-om-d-e-m1/.

One of my personal changes, jerrykur, is to move to back-button focus.

Bill

8. jerrykur

jerrykur Mu-43 Regular

Aug 23, 2012
    Northern CA
    Billboyz. Back button is a must for me. In fact I have an em-5 and hate using it because of the ackward back button placement. I bet I have only taken 1000 images with the em5 because of that back button[emoji5]