Setting for new EM-1

jerrykur

Mu-43 Regular
Hi,

I just picked up an EM-1 from the refurbished store. Are there any specific settings I should be sure to make? I also shoot Canon so I want to move the focus the back of the camera, and I am sure there are good settings in those menus.

Thanks,

Jerry

lightmonkey

Mu-43 Veteran
turn on super-control-panel
run the sensor recalibration or whtaever thing is buried deep in the menu
calibrate the level
set MF focus direction to be same as zoom direction

m4/3boy

Mu-43 Veteran
FWIW, I've found this document to be informative but very poorly written. IMO it needs more streamlining and far fewer irrelevant remarks which prove to be diversionary. A good index would also be super along with a separate in depth write up of practical operating instructions.

I applaud the author's effort though and given that he has spent hundreds of hours producing the document we should all be thankful for his help.

My 2 cents,

Don Bryant

Kirk

Mu-43 Regular
Dpreview has a great write up for getting the most out of the E-M5 that still mostly applies to the E-M1. In addition to the SCP, turning on the highlight & shadow warning for both EVF and LCD is crucial. Oh, and hit the live view button on the back top left.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43

billbooz

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
William H. Booz
OK, I've owned the Olympus OM-D E-M1 for over a week and a half (but haven't been shooting with it that much during that time, unfortunately) and have decided to make a few custom changes to conserve battery life and for a few other personal shooting reasons: http://www.infotor.com/blog/limited-customization-of-my-olympus-om-d-e-m1/.

One of my personal changes, jerrykur, is to move to back-button focus.

Bill

jerrykur

Mu-43 Regular
Billboyz. Back button is a must for me. In fact I have an em-5 and hate using it because of the ackward back button placement. I bet I have only taken 1000 images with the em5 because of that back button[emoji5]

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom