1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Setting colors for Epson SX510W printer

Discussion in 'Printing' started by pheaukus, Jul 16, 2012.

1. pheaukus

pheaukus Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    I have already wasted some ink on this...

I own an Epson Stylus SX510W multifunctional printer and I want to print from light room. My problem is that the colors are a bit off (e.g. blue tones vs. green tones) and I have trouble setting the right color profiles. The situation has several facets:

1. I cannot find color profile files for my printer. Epson offers an ICC .exe installer which does I don't know what. I ran it but still can't see an ICC profile in Lightroom. I have to rely on the driver's color settings but the driver likes to add its 'enhancements' to the print. Is it impossible with this printer to take full control of print colors, from Lightroom?
    2. I'd like to set the colors to be close to that of my monitor (Samsung 24" LCD), but I do not have a color calibration/measuring tool. Are there some tricks or rules of thumb to approach more 'true' colors?
    3. Can paper choice, e.g. generic glossy vs Epson glossy, affect print colors and brightness?
    4. Yet another nooby question: what role can color spaces play here?

That's a lot of questions to answer ... feel free to just describe your personal approach to color-accurate printing :rolleyes: