1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Setting C1 mode on Panasonic G3

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by ronmann415, Mar 13, 2012.

1. ronmann415

ronmann415 New to Mu-43

Mar 13, 2012
    I must be missing something here.

I want to set an often-used configuration for "C1" mode. Here is what I'm doing:
    - I first set my camera in Manual mode and choose my preferred shutter speed, ISO, aperture, WB.
    - I go into the Custom Menu and select CUST.SET MEM.
    - I choose C1.
    - I answer Yes to the prompt about overwriting the settings.
    - I move the mode dial to C1 and I see my saved custom settings.

Now this is where it goes wrong. If I go back to Manual mode and change something, like a different shutter speed for example, this new shutter speed shows up in my C1 mode. I don't think it should do that. I think C1 should hold my earlier preset shutter speed.

My G3 body firmware is Ver. 1.2.

Any suggestions?

2. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    The custom modes remember things you would find in the menus. Mode, white balance, flash settings, iso etc. They don't remember shutter speed and aperture, things that are in the moment. In other words the custom modes let you set up how the camera functions, not the actual exposure settings.

Fred

3. ronmann415

ronmann415 New to Mu-43

Mar 13, 2012
    Thanks, Fred. Your answer explains exactly what is happening. I was hoping it would hold everything (my other brand camera does). I'll quit trying it over and over expecting a new result.

:)

Ron