1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sensor for prototype

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by camerhoon, Nov 12, 2010.

1. camerhoon

camerhoon Guest

Feb 27, 2010
    I know this is the wrong place but I know many people here are knowledgable. I NEED a digital box brownie. I could get one remove the lens make a mint and put it on my ep-1 or canon 20d, but I would really like a box brownie with a digital sensor. Does anyone know where I can find a sensor kit for protoytping such a gadget.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ian

2. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    I believe many years ago there was a sensor add-on for Astronomical Telescopes (To save image's)

3. Brian S

Brian S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    Most sensors are going to be smaller than a 35mm frame. The Kodak DCS460 has a 1.3x crop factor, and would be the closest to an affordable digital back to experiment with. It fit the Nikon N90.

4. Conrad

Conrad Mu-43 Veteran

What sensor size do you want?

A Brownie uses ~6x6 cm negatives. Digital backs this big will cost you between 10-80k.

You can get (much) smaller "board level cameras" (e.g. at Edmund Optics), but they are in the same price range as a fully functional consumer camera like the EPL-1 or NEX.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.