Sensor for prototype

camerhoon

I know this is the wrong place but I know many people here are knowledgable. I NEED a digital box brownie. I could get one remove the lens make a mint and put it on my ep-1 or canon 20d, but I would really like a box brownie with a digital sensor. Does anyone know where I can find a sensor kit for protoytping such a gadget.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ian

Boyzo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I know this is the wrong place but I know many people here are knowledgable. I NEED a digital box brownie. I could get one remove the lens make a mint and put it on my ep-1 or canon 20d, but I would really like a box brownie with a digital sensor. Does anyone know where I can find a sensor kit for protoytping such a gadget.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ian
I believe many years ago there was a sensor add-on for Astronomical Telescopes (To save image's)

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Most sensors are going to be smaller than a 35mm frame. The Kodak DCS460 has a 1.3x crop factor, and would be the closest to an affordable digital back to experiment with. It fit the Nikon N90.

Conrad

Mu-43 Veteran
What sensor size do you want?

A Brownie uses ~6x6 cm negatives. Digital backs this big will cost you between 10-80k.

You can get (much) smaller "board level cameras" (e.g. at Edmund Optics), but they are in the same price range as a fully functional consumer camera like the EPL-1 or NEX.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom