Sensor cleaning on E-M10

GShooter

Mu-43 Regular
How is sensor cleaning carried out on the E-M10? Other cameras I have owned had a censor cleaning mode somewhere in the menu but I havn't been able to find one on this camera.

dombi

Mu-43 Regular
I think I read it somewhere that the E-M10 does not have that feature.

dhazeghi

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dara
How is sensor cleaning carried out on the E-M10? Other cameras I have owned had a sensor cleaning mode somewhere in the menu but I havn't been able to find one on this camera.

The sensor shaker automatically runs every time you turn the camera on. There's no way to manually run it.

gugarci

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bill
Can you clean the sensor yourself if the automatic removal does not remove dust. Or do you need to send it to Olympus for cleaning like you do the other 5 axis bodies?

dhazeghi

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dara
Can you clean the sensor yourself if the automatic removal does not remove dust. Or do you need to send it to Olympus for cleaning like you do the other 5 axis bodies?

Like the 5-axis IS bodies, the sensor is essential loose when the camera is off. That means that pressing it with a sensor swab can throw the system out of alignment, or even potentially damage it. In short, you're not supposed to clean it yourself. You do get one free sensor cleaning by Olympus during the camera's warranty period.

iansmith

Mu-43 Regular
Like the 5-axis IS bodies, the sensor is essential loose when the camera is off. That means that pressing it with a sensor swab can throw the system out of alignment, or even potentially damage it. In short, you're not supposed to clean it yourself. You do get one free sensor cleaning by Olympus during the camera's warranty period.

Is there anyone on Olympus site about that? Just moving the camera around bounces the sensor a lot harder than a light touch with a swab or lens pen type cleaner would. Not to mention how much it got jostled during shipping.

Latest threads

Top Bottom