Senior Pictures (9-26-20)

Enoch

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Enoch Haven
I am not sure if it is Covid-19 related or not, but I have definitely had an uptick in requests for Senior Pictures. Here are some selections from my third shoot recently.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Logapeti

Mu-43 Regular
Great set of pictures! Very nice compositions and a great model! What kind of equipment did you use?

Great set of pictures! Very nice compositions and a great model! What kind of equipment did you use?
If you subscribe to the site, you can see the EXIF data for each picture (that'll tell you what camera and lenses he used anyway; not whether he used a flash or something, but everything here seems to have been captured with natural light). Hint: he used one expensive and one less expensive wide-aperture lens, and he shot all pictures wide open. ;)

To the photographer: Nice pictures! I like the different moods that you captured with each shot.

I can't resist pointing that the one with the tree branches is out of focus. That lens is brutal (it makes it very obvious when you've focused on something else)...

Enoch

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Enoch Haven
If you subscribe to the site, you can see the EXIF data for each picture (that'll tell you what camera and lenses he used anyway; not whether he used a flash or something, but everything here seems to have been captured with natural light). Hint: he used one expensive and one less expensive wide-aperture lens, and he shot all pictures wide open. ;)

To the photographer: Nice pictures! I like the different moods that you captured with each shot.

I can't resist pointing that the one with the tree branches is out of focus. That lens is brutal (it makes it very obvious when you've focused on something else)...
Thank you, I really enjoyed how these came out! And yes, you are correct that one is out of focus. I liked the effect of the blurred branches behind her though, and what her hair was doing. I also find that clients are much less aware of perfect focus than I am as a photographer. Overall I would say the eye autofocus on the EM-1 mark iii worked well here, even as the light got low.

PhotoCal

Mu-43 Veteran
Those are all nicely done and if the client is happy, that's all that matters.
One thing that distracted me is the light across the bridge.

Are schools no longer doing senior portraits? I may be showing my age but I recall the ones indoors with a studio setup in the gym, and all the guys shared one jacket, etc.

I don't get the idea of portaits for the prom-invitation and engagement, baby reveal, etc. But it's all good if the photographer makes money, the client is happy and no one starts a forest fire!

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

griswoldo

Mu-43 Regular
Are schools no longer doing senior portraits? I may be showing my age but I recall the ones indoors with a studio setup in the gym, and all the guys shared one jacket, etc.
I don't think schools do anything beyond the regular yearbook style picture these days. When my nephew was graduating high school, my sister called and asked if I could come shoot his senior photos. She showed me the litany of mail she had received from photographers far and wide offering their services and yeah, it's a lot different than it used to be.

jrsilva

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Jaime Silva
I am not sure if it is Covid-19 related or not, but I have definitely had an uptick in requests for Senior Pictures. Here are some selections from my third shoot recently.
Excellent work!!
Beautiful framed and edited.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom