semi-spooky

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by squeegee, Oct 3, 2010.

1. squeegee

squeegee Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 26, 2010
    [​IMG]

This was a funny situation. I was sitting there with a friend who had a canon slr.

We both took this picture, I used ISO 200, she was tried iso 400, 800 and a few others.

Her picture kept coming out black. We couldn't figure out what was wrong with her camera until I realised her kit lens was F4.0 :rofl: She eventually got "something" at iso 1600 or so I think.

I haven't had lenses to really compare these F-stops to in the dark so this was actually really funny. F4.0 (aps-c) made this picture blank with a few dots of light and F2.8 (m43) made this photo pretty much exactly what I wanted. We were both about 1 second shutter because we had no tripod and didn't really want anything longer hand-held. She was a little jealous and is now going to look for a faster F-stop lens.

It was kind of a cool picture because it came out a little spooky which is what we wanted. I think it could do with a little desaturation of colour to make it a little more blank&white spooky but ... it's 11:45pm.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.