Selling my Panasonic Lumix LEICA MACRO-ELMARIT 45mm Lens. Start price £0.99

fortytwenty

Mu-43 Regular
I've decided to sell my lovely Micro Four Thirds Panasonic Lumix LEICA MACRO-ELMARIT 45mm F2.8 Lens on eBay as I no longer use it now that i'm using all my lovely legacy lenses on my GF1.

Search for: Panasonic Lumix LEICA MACRO-ELMARIT 45mm F2.8 Lens
Or follow this link: Panasonic Lumix LEICA MACRO-ELMARIT 45mm F2.8 Lens on eBay (end time 23-May-10 21:47:58 BST)

It is "priced to sell" as they say with a starting price of £0.99 with no reserve, so someone will get a bargain as they sell for £598.99 on WarehouseExpress.com (and they're currently out of stock).
I have only used the lens a half dozen times so it is absolutely like new.

You can find a review of it on dpreview.com here:
Panasonic Leica 45mm F2.8 Macro OIS Lens Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review

R

richie15

You should get good money, I sold mine on a buy it now for £499. :smile:

I've decided to sell my lovely Micro Four Thirds Panasonic Lumix LEICA MACRO-ELMARIT 45mm F2.8 Lens on eBay as I no longer use it now that i'm using all my lovely legacy lenses on my GF1.

Search for: Panasonic Lumix LEICA MACRO-ELMARIT 45mm F2.8 Lens
Or follow this link: Panasonic Lumix LEICA MACRO-ELMARIT 45mm F2.8 Lens on eBay (end time 23-May-10 21:47:58 BST)

It is "priced to sell" as they say with a starting price of £0.99 with no reserve, so someone will get a bargain as they sell for £598.99 on WarehouseExpress.com (and they're currently out of stock).
I have only used the lens a half dozen times so it is absolutely like new.

You can find a review of it on dpreview.com here:
Panasonic Leica 45mm F2.8 Macro OIS Lens Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review

fortytwenty

Mu-43 Regular
You should get good money, I sold mine on a buy it now for £499. :smile:

Blimey! To be honest I wasn't sure there would be a market for it as there are so few M43 lenses on the bay. I think i'll be happy if it goes in the region of £300, but obviously £500 would be preferable :wink:

Jamus

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Peter Jamus
So what legacy lenses have replaced this lens? I've heard it's great glass.

Jonas B

I've decided to sell my lovely Micro Four Thirds Panasonic Lumix LEICA MACRO-ELMARIT 45mm F2.8 Lens on eBay (...)

I notice you are shipping to the UK only. From what I have seen, or think I have seen, that is a way to get a lower price, isn't it? I'm not in the market for the lens but I often see these auctions where the seller will ship within the UK only and I always wondered why that is.

Not shipping to Somalia and Nigeria i understand, but one country only?

Anyway, I wish you good luck with the sell, the S/H value shouldn't be that low.

Jonas

R

richie15

Blimey! To be honest I wasn't sure there would be a market for it as there are so few M43 lenses on the bay. I think i'll be happy if it goes in the region of £300, but obviously £500 would be preferable :wink:

I think you will get loads more than £300, have you still got the receipt? The lens is very rare second hand.

R

richie15

Canon FD 50mm 3.5 for macro, I think its a better lens for this. I am not sure about portrait, picked up an FD 50mm 1.4 today but I am undecided. Also going to give the CZ a miss and have decided to sell my 45mm so will put that on the classifieds in a few days.

fortytwenty

Mu-43 Regular
I think you will get loads more than £300, is it boxed with receipt?

Yes it is boxed with all original documentation as it would be straight from the shop. I still have the receipt from when I purchased it from warehouseexpress.com
Cheers

Ben

Mu-43 Regular
I notice you are shipping to the UK only. From what I have seen, or think I have seen, that is a way to get a lower price, isn't it? I'm not in the market for the lens but I often see these auctions where the seller will ship within the UK only and I always wondered why that is.

Anyway, I wish you good luck with the sell, the S/H value shouldn't be that low.

Jonas

I echo Jonas - despite the best efforts of Greece the Euro is still very strong against sterling. Every piece of camera equipment I have sold on eBay in the last few months has gone to the Eurozone....

I was chatting to the owner of a very good (predominantly Leica) dealer in London and he said most of their sales at the moment are internet to Europe (and much of it back to the home of Leica!).

fortytwenty

Mu-43 Regular
Bummer, I'm in the colony....

Jonas

I echo Jonas - despite the best efforts of Greece the Euro is still very strong against sterling. Every piece of camera equipment I have sold on eBay in the last few months has gone to the Eurozone....

I was chatting to the owner of a very good (predominantly Leica) dealer in London and he said most of their sales at the moment are internet to Europe (and much of it back to the home of Leica!).

Apologies guys. Someone DMd me on eBay with the same question. Here's the answer I gave:

"I must apologize, but due to a previous bad experience where an item of value went missing whilst in international transit I am unwilling to sell overseas. It is true that everything was sorted out in the end with compensation for both the buyer and myself as the seller, but I am unwilling to risk the hassle of this happening again (despite how unlikely this may be).
I believe I will get a good price for the lens in the UK and I will be happy with this even if it is a slightly lower price than I may have gained in the international market."

I hope this goes some way to explaining my reticence to sell outside the UK.
Cheers.

fortytwenty

Mu-43 Regular

I haven't directly replaced this lens with a legacy macro lens, it's just that since discovering that I could adapt my legacy lenses to use with my GF1 I simply haven't been using anything else!

This link will take you to my set on flickr of legacy lenses on my GF1:

It's only glass; but I like it - a set on Flickr

example:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/fortytwenty/4282317350/" title="GF1 + CANON LENS FD 50mm 1:1.2 (Side Angle) by fortytwenty, on Flickr">
4282317350_2683e133b1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
"500" height="375" alt="GF1 + CANON LENS FD 50mm 1:1.2 (Side Angle)" /></a>

Cheers!

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
it seems you were not punished by the muses for selling only in the uk

a nice price for the seller and a nice price for the lucky buyer congrats to both of you ,middlemen be damned!
and because of your polite explanation of why this was to be UK only ,this new yorker forgives you for being left out of the fun ,

cheers

Latest threads

Top Bottom