Selling my Panasonic Lumix LEICA MACRO-ELMARIT 45mm Lens. Start price £0.99

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by fortytwenty, May 20, 2010.

1. fortytwenty

fortytwenty Mu-43 Regular

Mar 10, 2010
    I've decided to sell my lovely Micro Four Thirds Panasonic Lumix LEICA MACRO-ELMARIT 45mm F2.8 Lens on eBay as I no longer use it now that i'm using all my lovely legacy lenses on my GF1.

Search for: Panasonic Lumix LEICA MACRO-ELMARIT 45mm F2.8 Lens
    Or follow this link: Panasonic Lumix LEICA MACRO-ELMARIT 45mm F2.8 Lens on eBay (end time 23-May-10 21:47:58 BST)

It is "priced to sell" as they say with a starting price of £0.99 with no reserve, so someone will get a bargain as they sell for £598.99 on WarehouseExpress.com (and they're currently out of stock).
    I have only used the lens a half dozen times so it is absolutely like new.

You can find a review of it on dpreview.com here:
    Panasonic Leica 45mm F2.8 Macro OIS Lens Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Bummer, I'm in the colony....

3. richie15

richie15 Guest

You should get good money, I sold mine on a buy it now for £499. :smile:

4. fortytwenty

Mar 10, 2010
    Blimey! To be honest I wasn't sure there would be a market for it as there are so few M43 lenses on the bay. I think i'll be happy if it goes in the region of £300, but obviously £500 would be preferable :wink:

5. klythawk

klythawk Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Nottingham U.K.
    John
    Thanks for posting the link, will certainly keep my eye on it. :2thumbs:

John.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jamus

Jamus Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2010
    So what legacy lenses have replaced this lens? I've heard it's great glass.

7. Jonas B

Jonas B Guest

Apr 23, 2010
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    I notice you are shipping to the UK only. From what I have seen, or think I have seen, that is a way to get a lower price, isn't it? I'm not in the market for the lens but I often see these auctions where the seller will ship within the UK only and I always wondered why that is.

Not shipping to Somalia and Nigeria i understand, but one country only?

Anyway, I wish you good luck with the sell, the S/H value shouldn't be that low.

Jonas

• Like Like x 2
  8. richie15

richie15 Guest

I think you will get loads more than £300, have you still got the receipt? The lens is very rare second hand.

9. richie15

richie15 Guest

Canon FD 50mm 3.5 for macro, I think its a better lens for this. I am not sure about portrait, picked up an FD 50mm 1.4 today but I am undecided. Also going to give the CZ a miss and have decided to sell my 45mm so will put that on the classifieds in a few days.

10. fortytwenty

Mar 10, 2010
    Yes it is boxed with all original documentation as it would be straight from the shop. I still have the receipt from when I purchased it from warehouseexpress.com
    Cheers

11. Ben

Ben Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Apr 16, 2009
    London
    I echo Jonas - despite the best efforts of Greece the Euro is still very strong against sterling. Every piece of camera equipment I have sold on eBay in the last few months has gone to the Eurozone....

I was chatting to the owner of a very good (predominantly Leica) dealer in London and he said most of their sales at the moment are internet to Europe (and much of it back to the home of Leica!).

12. fortytwenty

Mar 10, 2010
    Apologies guys. Someone DMd me on eBay with the same question. Here's the answer I gave:

"I must apologize, but due to a previous bad experience where an item of value went missing whilst in international transit I am unwilling to sell overseas. It is true that everything was sorted out in the end with compensation for both the buyer and myself as the seller, but I am unwilling to risk the hassle of this happening again (despite how unlikely this may be).
    I believe I will get a good price for the lens in the UK and I will be happy with this even if it is a slightly lower price than I may have gained in the international market."

I hope this goes some way to explaining my reticence to sell outside the UK.
    Cheers.

13. fortytwenty

Mar 10, 2010
    I haven't directly replaced this lens with a legacy macro lens, it's just that since discovering that I could adapt my legacy lenses to use with my GF1 I simply haven't been using anything else!

This link will take you to my set on flickr of legacy lenses on my GF1:

It's only glass; but I like it - a set on Flickr

example:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/fortytwenty/4282317350/" title="GF1 + CANON LENS FD 50mm 1:1.2 (Side Angle) by fortytwenty, on Flickr">[​IMG]"500" height="375" alt="GF1 + CANON LENS FD 50mm 1:1.2 (Side Angle)" /></a>

Cheers!

14. klythawk

Jan 28, 2010
    Nottingham U.K.
    John
    Yippee, won the lens. :2thumbs:

John

15. fortytwenty

Mar 10, 2010
    Congrats John :smile:

16. klythawk

Jan 28, 2010
    Nottingham U.K.
    John
    Thanks Andy, see you tomorrow night. :2thumbs:

John

17. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    it seems you were not punished by the muses for selling only in the uk

a nice price for the seller and a nice price for the lucky buyer congrats to both of you ,middlemen be damned!
    and because of your polite explanation of why this was to be UK only ,this new yorker forgives you for being left out of the fun ,

cheers

• Like Like x 2