Selling my E-P1 - again!!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by bilzmale, May 18, 2011.

1. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

I have now owned and sold an E-P2, an E-PL1 and my recent purchase an E-P1. Can't seem to get used to the Pens. Also swapped a G1 for a GH1.

Bought a Fuji "bridge camera" (HS10) which has a 24-720mm (30x) zoom plus 1cm macro. It's close in size and weight to the GH1, which I'll keep. Will probably sell my 7-14 and 100-300 lenses.

Tempted by an X100 - oops I didn't say that!! :rofl: Must wait for the second generation by Fuji.

Luckily I'm not as fickle in personal relationships as I am with cameras. :thumbup:

2. kytra

kytra Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2011
    I am the same: since Nov 2009 i have owned: Pentax Kx, Pentax K7, Pentax MZ6 (film body), Nikon F80 (film body), Yashica Electro 35 GSN (film body), Nikon D40, Nikon D90, Nikon D7000 (swapped for another D90 :smile:) 
    Currently I own: Panasonic GF1, Panasonic G1, Nikon D90, Petri 7S (film body)

3. soma

soma New to Mu-43

Mar 16, 2011
    Why would you swap a d7000 for a d90?

4. kytra

kytra Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2011
    To buy the GF1 with the difference :) 

Truth is that D90 is a very well build and capable camera and I haven't miss too much the superior AF, ISO capabilities and DR of the D7000. Ergonomically they are about the same, D7000's weather sealing of no use because I do not own weather sealed lenses :) 

• Like Like x 1
  5. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I have an E-PL1 and an E-P1. I should sell the E-P1, but I like it better. If it had the accessories port for the VF2 it would be the keeper. I just can't justify upgrading to the E-P2.

Later that day: Strangely, since this morning an odd set of circumstances has led to me selling my e-p1 and buying a refurbished e-p2 from B&H. I'm pretty sure if I hadn't written this note I would not have been thinking about it and missed the chance. So, me too.:) 

6. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    I'm still enjoying your EP2.:biggrin::biggrin:

Gordon

7. SMaturin

SMaturin Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 30, 2011
    New York's Backyard
    No laws against camera bigamy...

If there were, most of us would be in jail!

-Steve

8. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    E-P2 just arrived and the battery is charging. I like the silver on the E-p1 better but the VF-2 fits on the new one. I am waiting patiently. :dash2:

9. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Hehe... the silver finish was one of the points that kept me holding onto my E-P1 for so long... besides money, of course. ;) 

However, I actually find I like the styling of the E-PL2 better now. I never knew black could be so sexy... xD Black finishes were never this sexy on any DSLR I've owned.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.