Sell or keep

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by oxhouser, May 24, 2014.

1. oxhouser

oxhouser Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2012
    I have recently purchased a GX7 body and a pany 7-14 lens and I really like the combination, I used to use the Oly EPM-1 so a slightly larger body but one that has built in EVF and flash for me is a definite improvement, I still have the Pen mini and the two kit lenses plus a pany 14 and Oly 45 primes, I will keep the two primes and my intensional was to sell the Pen and kit lenses but I have realised that I need a 14 to 40+ zoom to make a good 2 lens package
    Should I sell the Pen and two kit lenses one of them a 14-42 then buy a pany 14-42? Or just keep the Oly 14-42 and break up the kit package for sale
    I'm looking for opinions on the value of selling the Pen mini body only plus the 38-150 kit lens, would that recover enough funds to purchase a pany 14-42
    Also which of the two lenses is the better performer on a panasonic body?

2. dealmtl

dealmtl Mu-43 Regular

Jan 12, 2014
    TN USA
    If you are looking for an inexpensive standard zoom with better performance, I believe Panasonic 14-42 II (kit lens of GX7) is the best choice. The price for an used copy is only about $100 on ebay. Also, Panny 45-150 performs better than Oly 40-150, especially on a Panasonic body.

3. rpringle

rpringle Mu-43 Regular

Jan 9, 2014
    I found that I got better performance out of my Oly 40-150mm than the Panny 45-150, of course I'm using it on an Olympus body. Panasonic has the advantage that it corrects aberrations in camera with Jpegs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.