Sell or keep

Discussion in 'This or That?' started by oxhouser, May 24, 2014.

1. oxhouser

oxhouser Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2012
    I have recently purchased a GX7 body and a pany 7-14 lens and I really like the combination, I used to use the Oly EPM-1 so a slightly larger body but one that has built in EVF and flash for me is a definite improvement, I still have the Pen mini and the two kit lenses plus a pany 14 and Oly 45 primes, I will keep the two primes and my intensional was to sell the Pen and kit lenses but I have realised that I need a 14 to 40+ zoom to make a good 2 lens package
    Should I sell the Pen and two kit lenses one of them a 14-42 then buy a pany 14-42? Or just keep the Oly 14-42 and break up the kit package for sale
    I'm looking for opinions on the value of selling the Pen mini body only plus the 38-150 kit lens, would that recover enough funds to purchase a pany 14-42
    Also which of the two lenses is the better performer on a panasonic body?
  2. dealmtl

dealmtl Mu-43 Regular

Jan 12, 2014
    TN USA
    If you are looking for an inexpensive standard zoom with better performance, I believe Panasonic 14-42 II (kit lens of GX7) is the best choice. The price for an used copy is only about $100 on ebay. Also, Panny 45-150 performs better than Oly 40-150, especially on a Panasonic body.
  3. rpringle

rpringle Mu-43 Regular

Jan 9, 2014
    I found that I got better performance out of my Oly 40-150mm than the Panny 45-150, of course I'm using it on an Olympus body. Panasonic has the advantage that it corrects aberrations in camera with Jpegs.