Sell GX1

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by rklepper, Sep 4, 2014.

1. rklepper

rklepper Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    So with the GX7 falling in price I bought a second one. I have been using the GX1 for my backup. I have the 14-45 and the 40-150 for it. All are in wonderful condition with an extra OEM battery.

If I sold the kit, what would it be worth?

2. Ellsass

Ellsass Mu-43 Regular

Apr 15, 2014
    Search for it on ebay. In the left-hand column, there are check boxes to filter the results so you’re only looking at listings that have sold. Then you’ll know what people actually pay for them.

3. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    Body only, GX1's are selling for roughly $150-200. Throw in the kit lens with the sale of the body, and prices jump to around $300. First generation 40-150's are going for about $100. All told, you're looking at say $400. Take out PayPal's 3% fee, and you're down to $388. Say shipping is gonna run you $28, bringing you down to $360, and then ebay's 10% fee is gonna take out another $40.

If you go through ebay, and just package everything together and sell it off, you're looking at getting about $300-$325 once it's all said and done. You could likely get more money selling everything on its own in the FS section here, but it's going to take a little more time. It all depends on how quickly you need the money, and how much hassle you want to go through to save yourself about $50.

4. rklepper

rklepper Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    Don't need the money, and do hate the hassle. :(

5. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    I've had so many not wan to pay a fair price for mine( only has 327 actuations, 2 OEM batteries, and the lvf2) ans was asking $350 Canadian including shipping that I'm seriously considering just converting it to IR. If you include hassle, your better off to find another use for it, or someone who would appreciate it, rather than deal with people who will expect you to bend over backwards and do it for free!