Self-Portraits / Selfies / Autoretratos / Autoportraits

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by MiguelATF, Oct 28, 2013.

1. MiguelATF

MiguelATF Mu-43 Veteran

It seems to me there should be a thread devoted to self-portraits - call them what you will, the current flavor-of-the-month name seems to be Selfie - in Spanish it's autoretrato - in French, autoportrait - but since time immemorial it seems that those of us who use cameras to take images of the world around us....also from time to time allow ourselves the indulgence - or perhaps it fulfills some real, deep-seated, psychological need? - of photographing ourselves.

So here's what I hope may become the beginning of a thread devoted to just this.

I'll start it off with this one taken of (yep) myself .... with my semi-new (to me, anyway) fisheye lens, a Rokinon 7.5mm, mounted on my Olympus E-PL5.

10470086166_d0d060ca0d_b.
    Fisheye Selfie by La Chachalaca FotografĂ­a, on Flickr

Who's next?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. monchan

monchan Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 7, 2012
    Tottori City, Japan
    took this one of myself the other day. It not far from where I live, beautiful place and empty
    most of the year.

sunset_1_of_1_1.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    I thought there was already a selfie thread. Or maybe my memory is failing me!

4. barbosas

barbosas Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2013
    Lisbon
  5. MiguelATF

MiguelATF Mu-43 Veteran

Oops. I stand corrected. If there already is a s-p thread, we probably don't need two......do we?