Self-Portraits / Selfies / Autoretratos / Autoportraits

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by MiguelATF, Oct 28, 2013.

1. It seems to me there should be a thread devoted to self-portraits - call them what you will, the current flavor-of-the-month name seems to be Selfie - in Spanish it's autoretrato - in French, autoportrait - but since time immemorial it seems that those of us who use cameras to take images of the world around us....also from time to time allow ourselves the indulgence - or perhaps it fulfills some real, deep-seated, psychological need? - of photographing ourselves.

So here's what I hope may become the beginning of a thread devoted to just this.

I'll start it off with this one taken of (yep) myself .... with my semi-new (to me, anyway) fisheye lens, a Rokinon 7.5mm, mounted on my Olympus E-PL5.

10470086166_d0d060ca0d_b.
    Fisheye Selfie by La Chachalaca FotografĂ­a, on Flickr

Who's next?

• Like Like x 2
  2. monchan

monchan Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 7, 2012
    Tottori City, Japan
    took this one of myself the other day. It not far from where I live, beautiful place and empty
    most of the year.

sunset_1_of_1_1.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    I thought there was already a selfie thread. Or maybe my memory is failing me!

4. barbosas

barbosas Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2013
    Lisbon
  5. Oops. I stand corrected. If there already is a s-p thread, we probably don't need two......do we?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.