1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Self made wirst strap

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by pharaviel, Aug 20, 2011.

1. pharaviel

pharaviel Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 20, 2011
    Reggio Emilia, Italy
    Daniele Frizzi
    Or: how to lose an hour

I was bored and home alone at night and didn't feel going to bed.

I found some nice looking neck strap (white, brown) on a camera-seller near my home today, but I would not buy that because I already had one (the one that came with the camera).

So... I "destroyed" the one that came with the camera to make myself a wirst strap.

Mind you, the result is not so good, I'm not really in sewing and such.
    Aaaand...the "making of" is horrible, but here it's 2AM and if I don't sent it now, I'll never do it.

PS: the "magic wand" is a black marker felt.
    the f***ing flamelauncher is an overpowered cigarette lighter i found in the kitchen (used when i had to cut something...to block it from losing pieces.)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. sparkin

sparkin Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Not a bad idea - I may do that with my own strap.

3. orsetto

orsetto Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 8, 2011
    That looks neat!

I've been thinking about putting ring ends on climbing rope to make straps. The stuff I braided were never thick enough. Anyone wanna give it a go first?

4. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    hey! maybe ingenuity is a mother@#$% of all invention, but the final result looks nice! cool!

5. Cool idea, although I still prefer m4/3 as neckstrap cameras rather than wriststrap cameras.

6. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    nice. I have quite a bit of 3/8" webbing that I have no idea how I'll use to make straps. or how to effectively make a secure permanent closed loop out of it for a sling. Really just need to find padding, heh.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.