Self made wirst strap

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by pharaviel, Aug 20, 2011.

1. pharaviel

pharaviel Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 20, 2011
    Reggio Emilia, Italy
    Daniele Frizzi
    Or: how to lose an hour

I was bored and home alone at night and didn't feel going to bed.

I found some nice looking neck strap (white, brown) on a camera-seller near my home today, but I would not buy that because I already had one (the one that came with the camera).

So... I "destroyed" the one that came with the camera to make myself a wirst strap.

Mind you, the result is not so good, I'm not really in sewing and such.
    Aaaand...the "making of" is horrible, but here it's 2AM and if I don't sent it now, I'll never do it.

PS: the "magic wand" is a black marker felt.
    the f***ing flamelauncher is an overpowered cigarette lighter i found in the kitchen (used when i had to cut something...to block it from losing pieces.)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. sparkin

sparkin Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Not a bad idea - I may do that with my own strap.

3. orsetto

orsetto Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 8, 2011
    That looks neat!

I've been thinking about putting ring ends on climbing rope to make straps. The stuff I braided were never thick enough. Anyone wanna give it a go first?

4. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    hey! maybe ingenuity is a mother@#$% of all invention, but the final result looks nice! cool!

5. Cool idea, although I still prefer m4/3 as neckstrap cameras rather than wriststrap cameras.

6. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    nice. I have quite a bit of 3/8" webbing that I have no idea how I'll use to make straps. or how to effectively make a secure permanent closed loop out of it for a sling. Really just need to find padding, heh.