Sekonic L-758DR light meter calibrating with an OMD-EM1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by mac1054, May 23, 2014.

1. mac1054

mac1054 New to Mu-43

Anyone using this gear and has gone through the process of calibrating the meter with the camera?

I have both and the meter is very new to me. Any pointers when doing the calibration?

2. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    I don't think either one of us knows what you're trying to do. The Sekonic is typically used in incident mode so it is measuring the amount of light falling on the subject. Cameras measure reflected light from the subject. The amount of light reflected from a subject depends of the reflectivity of the subject. The exposure reading the camera gives also depends on the metering mode (spot, average, evaluative/matrix). The only time that one would expect the Sekonic and camera to give the same exposure reading is if you had a grey card and measured the light falling o the grey card and the camera set to average and the grey card filled the frame.
  3. Ranger Rick

Ranger Rick Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    Tempe, AZ
    Look around for the Sekonic webcasts (Sekonic website, perhaps they have a YouTube channel). Joe Brady did at least one webinar on the detailed procedure,which should help you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk