Sekonic L-758DR light meter calibrating with an OMD-EM1

mac1054

New to Mu-43
Anyone using this gear and has gone through the process of calibrating the meter with the camera?

I have both and the meter is very new to me. Any pointers when doing the calibration?

Thanks

b_rubenstein

Mu-43 All-Pro
I don't think either one of us knows what you're trying to do. The Sekonic is typically used in incident mode so it is measuring the amount of light falling on the subject. Cameras measure reflected light from the subject. The amount of light reflected from a subject depends of the reflectivity of the subject. The exposure reading the camera gives also depends on the metering mode (spot, average, evaluative/matrix). The only time that one would expect the Sekonic and camera to give the same exposure reading is if you had a grey card and measured the light falling o the grey card and the camera set to average and the grey card filled the frame.

Real Name
Rick
Anyone using this gear and has gone through the process of calibrating the meter with the camera?

I have both and the meter is very new to me. Any pointers when doing the calibration?

Thanks
Look around for the Sekonic webcasts (Sekonic website, perhaps they have a YouTube channel). Joe Brady did at least one webinar on the detailed procedure,which should help you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom