Angus Gibbins

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Angus

SpecFoto

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim
Since yesterday afternoon, Safari in Mac is unable to find MU-43.com with either my iMac or iPad, both with my VPN and without. But iMac connects via FIrefox, so at my end it seems it is a Safari problem. Reset Safari but no change. Talkemount and Nikon Cafe both work fine with Safari.

Angus Gibbins

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Angus
Since yesterday afternoon, Safari in Mac is unable to find MU-43.com with either my iMac or iPad, both with my VPN and without. But iMac connects via FIrefox, so at my end it seems it is a Safari problem. Reset Safari but no change. Talkemount and Nikon Cafe both work fine with Safari.
Firefox uses CloudFlare's DNS over HTTPS service by default from memory.

Cederic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
In case it helps the admin:
- DNS lookup failures in the UK yesterday (Saturday)
- Working again today (Sunday)

Panolyman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Sorry, everyone. I messed up by using the wrong nameservers. It should work itself out over time now that those settings are fixed.

If you have a device that isn't able to access the site, it may help to flush your DNS cache: https://www.whatsmydns.net/flush-dns.html
No problems Amin, just thankful you're back up and running.
I've got so hooked on this website since joining just a few weeks ago that I was getting serious withdrawal symptoms. :rolleyes:
Thanks for all your hard work keeping us sane at this mad time. :th_salute:

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Flushing the DNS as per the instructions given above does not work. No mu-43 through Safari nor Chrome. On the other hand, Tor works.
Might be just a matter of waiting it out. The site is down for me on my home internet connection but I can get in on my cell phone.

Real Name
Richard
Hi Amin,

Some of us are getting a privacy tab appearing, when you click on it you are asked whether you want to accept cookies etc. I've said "accept all" and "save and close" but it doesn't go away.

I haven't noticed any problems as a result, but it seemed to coincide with some users losing access. Does this need attention?

Richard

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Hi Amin,

Some of us are getting a privacy tab appearing, when you click on it you are asked whether you want to accept cookies etc. I've said "accept all" and "save and close" but it doesn't go away.

I haven't noticed any problems as a result, but it seemed to coincide with some users losing access. Does this need attention?

Richard
Hi Richard,

Can you please share a screenshot of what you see after accepting all and save and close? It is just a small link there in case you want to change choice or something else?

I'm tryjng to make sure I am compliant with GDPR but it isn't easy.

-Amin

Real Name
Richard
Amin,

The pop up goes away, it's just the small tab that remains. If it's supposed to be like that, that's fine. I can see your point, it makes it easy to change settings - it's just that no other websites I can think of give you a tab to do that!

Cheers

Richard

Joris

Mu-43 Veteran
Can you please share a screenshot of what you see after accepting all and save and close? It is just a small link there in case you want to change choice or something else?
I'm tryjng to make sure I am compliant with GDPR but it isn't easy.

This is the pop-up I get in France, I suppose it is the same. Accepting, or not, both work and make it disappear. The regular cookie invite that you still can discern under there remains. But I simply ignore it and log in. Which works well here for me.

Attachments

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom