Seeking Applescript or Javascript help

WaltP

Mu-43 All-Pro
I am starting to learn scripting (again), but perhaps there is a guru or wunderkind on this forum.
I want a script that will watch/monitor a folder and display each new image as a full screen. I'm sure this is possible, and probably pretty basic. Just pop up the new image in Finder as a full screen, without me needing to press the down arrow to go to the next image.

Anyone have a simple solution? 2011 MBP 13"
Lightroom does it, I know, but it os SO SLOW! the image can be put in the folder in 3-4 seconds, but LR needs another 10-12 seconds to import and display. I would love to eliminate LR and just have a quick view of the last image taken on a big screen - wirelessly (it's 2020 after all).

Is this one of the scripts supplied with OSX?

Last edited:

WaltP

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thanks. I got Apple script to do it, but it was just as S-L-O-W as LR was! I can get Finder into full screen mode and then tap the down arrow about 5 seconds after the shot. Much quicker and less disruptive than waiting for the image to appear. This way matches the speed of a wired setup, but allows the freedom of movement of a wireless setup.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom