See Focus Cluster Used in pic??

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
Is there any way to determine focus information, such as what type of cluster was used or where it was located on the screen in a pic you take?

I'm aware of the focus point app for LR on a mac.

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
No one knows if the type of focus is recorded in the raw file anywhere?

sgt08

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Scott
Sorry, just popped in to mention the focus point LR plugin which I see you already know about. Have you tried playing around with exiftool?

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
Good Idea - it's tedious to use, but I find:

Focus Mode : Auto, Continuous
Dark Focus Environment : No

- those are the only ones containing the string 'focus' - not sure if something else would affect focus but not be called out with that word...

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
ah... here's 2 others:

AF Area Mode : 225-area
AF Point Position : 0.33 0.5

not sure what the last one means??

junkyardsparkle

haunted scrap heap
AF Area Mode : 225-area
AF Point Position : 0.33 0.5

not sure what the last one means??
Hmm... on my E-PL7 I only get the "multiple choice" AF Point tags as described here. I would guess yours refers to X/Y coordinates, so in that case one third from the left and centered vertically? It would probably be pretty easy for you to test. :D

EDIT: Just realized we were talking about a pany... sure enough, coords as described here.

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hmm... on my E-PL7 I only get the "multiple choice" AF Point tags as described here. I would guess yours refers to X/Y coordinates, so in that case one third from the left and centered vertically? It would probably be pretty easy for you to test. :D

EDIT: Just realized we were talking about a pany... sure enough, coords as described here.
Thanks - it says "(X Y coordinates of primary AF area center, in the range 0.0 to 1.0)"

s, x is 1/3 from wherever x starts;

and it is centered vertically

ripterr

New to Mu-43
Don't know if it will help, but I use a free program called PhotoMe (https://www.photome.de/) to pull up raw details; including focus point and subject distance. It shows a thumbnail with the focus point in red, but only shows the main focus point, and not the whole cluster. The AF Areas under the camera setting tab has ranges noted.
I actually added it my Windows Explorer context menu, because I like to see subject distance (can be seen for raw images in the Debug Information tab.
Hope this helps!
Terri
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom