1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Second Question about new OMD-EM -5II (about FL500R flash)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by VR8, Jun 26, 2015.

1. VR8

VR8 New to Mu-43

Jun 26, 2015
    (Sorry I mean the 600r flash) On the body I am able to change the flash by fractions e.g. 1/8. 1/16 etc. The moment I mount the flash I cannot make those adjustments. On the flash in Manual mode I can see the fractions in manual mode when the GN is turned off in options, but cannot adjust the flash out put a single fraction appears and I am unable to change it. Hope this is clear. But all I am attempting to does is manage the flash not by GN but by by the power of the flash I have no preference if this is et on the body or on the flash. Thanks

2. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    With the flash in manual mode, click the Mode button on the wheel and make sure the 'M' is blinking, then then just press down on the control at the bottom where it says 'Zoom' - you should now be able to change the power settings.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  3. VR8

VR8 New to Mu-43

Jun 26, 2015
    Thanks. That works. I am used to shooting a DSLR where I can set in manual, for example 1/8th power, F11 and 250th of a second. This is how I shoot macro bugs in the wild. On the OMD in manual with similar settings, the screen is responding to the low light and is almost completely dark, is there a setting where the screen does not reflect the ambient light? Thanks.

4. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    If you are talking about the camera, go into Custom Menu D, and look for Live View Boost and turn it on.

On the E-M5 and E-M1 Live View Boost is either on or off. I think you may find a couple of options - I don't have the Mark II so I can't tell you which is the better options.

5. VR8

VR8 New to Mu-43

Jun 26, 2015
    Thank you. This works!