1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Second-hand flash units

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Gwendal, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Gwendal

Gwendal Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    Hello - I'm looking for a flash unit (specifically, the FL36) and I'd like to know if there is such a thing as "shutter count" for flashes ? Is it risky to buy one that has been used for two years ?

2. Brianetta

Brianetta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    North East England
    Brian Ronald
    Depends on the flash, I suppose. My only flash is a Sunpak that was probably about five years old when I got it from my uncle. That was twenty years ago. It's still going strong. Probably not the most heavily used flash in the world, but it is a flash that gets used, and those years certainly do add up.

In fact, that very flash is in my bag here at work, just in case. If I were buying a second hand flash, my greatest concern would be that it had been properly looked after, hadn't been dropped, etc. I wouldn't be concerned for the life of the thing, especially for only a couple of years, unless perhaps it had been used in a studio for thousands of shots every day the entire time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.