Second G9 now or wait 6 months for a Gh6.....

Which would you buy if you are a 50/50 stills/video shooter, and already have a G9.

• G9

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Gh6

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I am currently using a Gx85 and G9, for a 50/50 mix of stills and video. I just sold a Gx8, and lets say I have $1000 now, or by June I could have $2000 for a Gh6 which is where the Gh6 has been priced. I would expect the newer/hybrid DFD and perhaps a dual base ISO as well as BSI and 6K and maybe 8k (which I think would push the price over $3K and that is more than I am willing to pay for my needs). Which would you get and why?

PeeBee

Mu-43 All-Pro
If a second G9 fulfills your needs, go for it. If It’ll leave you wanting, it’s probably best to wait. I guess only you would know the answer to that.

PeeBee

Mu-43 All-Pro
It's nice to have two identical bodies with identical controls, batteries, etc.

I recently bought myself a second EM1.2 and it's the first time I've had 2 identical bodies, and it really does make shooting a 2 camera setup easier. Before I was using different models, different brands, different formats.

When I bought EM1.2 #2, I was already familiar with the camera so I knew it's strengths and weaknesses. Yeah, the 1.3 has some benefits, but in my opinion, they're not significant to me and having 2 identical cameras outweighs them. My decision was made easier by the inclusion of a free f1.2 pro lens, but I would have bought a second EM1.2 without that incentive.

mike3996

Mu-43 Veteran
If GH6 really intrigues you, keep saving for it but come June, be ready to walk out. Meaning keep G9 as an option.

Robstar1963

Mad on Motorsports
Real Name
Rob
The G9 in the U.K. is currently about £900, the GH6 will almost certainly be double that and possibly more
If that is of no consequence to you then perhaps wait as I would expect the GH6 to be a very good body (if it goes ahead and is actually released having seemingly been delayed / postponed)
On balance I voted GH6 :thumbup:

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Thanks all who answered this questions. It help clarify my real needs and I am going ahead with the G9 as given what I do (rather than what I dream of doing) the G9 is actually a perfect fit. The second body is really a backup and going to be setup and used solely for HighRES, Macro, and filming with the 12-35 location stuff for my wildlife videos while using the 100-400 on the other body.

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
Thanks all who answered this questions. It help clarify my real needs and I am going ahead with the G9 as given what I do (rather than what I dream of doing) the G9 is actually a perfect fit. The second body is really a backup and going to be setup and used solely for HighRES, Macro, and filming with the 12-35 location stuff for my wildlife videos while using the 100-400 on the other body.
Given that, there are plenty used out there. Maybe find a good one and use it as the backup. You can keep the leftover funds to start saving for the next big release!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom