Seattle CL find: Damaged P12-35 for $350

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by DeeJayK, Jul 1, 2013.

1. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Not my listing and the seller notes that the lens suffered a fall which apparently rendered the autofocus inoperable. It's not completely clear from the description whether manual focus is possible. He says that Panasonic quoted him $240 to fix it (which sounds like a reasonable enough estimate to me). If that's the case you'd be in the lens for under $600.

I'm not in the market for this lens (and am probably too risk averse to buy this copy if I were), but the price might be right for someone who's more of a risk taker, or perhaps someone who feels they might be up to undertaking the repair on their own.

Panasonic Lumix 12-35mm F/2.8 Aspherical Lens

2. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Larry
    And it's gone. I tried for it but it went locally.

I figured it was worth a shot.

Ironically I don't think it is substantially smaller than the 14-54 especially given the extra reach of the Oly lens.

3. heli-mech

heli-mech Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 9, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Andrew
    Seems like a good deal actually. Doesn't look like any visible damage. Already have one but if I bought it I think I would just pop the back off and see if it was something simple first. Could be a 15 min fix, even if it's not, still a good deal.

Sent from my Samsung Note II via mu-43 app.

4. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Larry
    That was my thought too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.