1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Seattle CL find: Damaged P12-35 for $350

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by DeeJayK, Jul 1, 2013.

1. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Not my listing and the seller notes that the lens suffered a fall which apparently rendered the autofocus inoperable. It's not completely clear from the description whether manual focus is possible. He says that Panasonic quoted him $240 to fix it (which sounds like a reasonable enough estimate to me). If that's the case you'd be in the lens for under $600.

I'm not in the market for this lens (and am probably too risk averse to buy this copy if I were), but the price might be right for someone who's more of a risk taker, or perhaps someone who feels they might be up to undertaking the repair on their own.

Panasonic Lumix 12-35mm F/2.8 Aspherical Lens

2. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Larry
    And it's gone. I tried for it but it went locally.

I figured it was worth a shot.

Ironically I don't think it is substantially smaller than the 14-54 especially given the extra reach of the Oly lens.

3. heli-mech

heli-mech Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Andrew
    Seems like a good deal actually. Doesn't look like any visible damage. Already have one but if I bought it I think I would just pop the back off and see if it was something simple first. Could be a 15 min fix, even if it's not, still a good deal.

Sent from my Samsung Note II via mu-43 app.

4. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Larry
    That was my thought too.