1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Seattle-area folks: Anyone taking in Glazer's PhotoFest this weekend?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by DeeJayK, Jun 7, 2012.

1. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I noticed an advertising supplement in the newspaper featuring Glazer's Camera's PhotoFest 2012 this weekend (June 8-9). They've got free seminars and demos all day Friday and Saturday including one entitled "Olympus Pen and OM-D User Tips" (presented by Olympus) and another called "Understanding the Benefits of Mirrorless Camera Photography" (presented by Panasonic).

It says this is the third annual event, so I was wondering if any of you has attended this event previously. If so, did you get anything out of it? Are these types of seminars just glorified marketing pitches, or is there any substance?

I may try to attend the PEN/OM-D seminar just because I'd like to see what the OM-D looks like and what it can do (since I've yet to find a shop that has it in stock). I'm not in the market for it, but I'm still curious, especially with all the hype it's getting in this forum.

2. joysmahal

joysmahal Mu-43 Regular

Nov 21, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    I went to it 2 years ago. I just happened to drop by Glazers because I was downtown and I wanted to check out a Think Tank bag. If I recall correctly, they had 15% off all bags during the street fair/Photo Fest. I didn't check out any of the seminars, but they had booths their from the main camera manufacturers and sales reps from Think Tank and some other bags/accessory companies.

I might stop by this weekend if I have some time that opens up in the afternoon.