1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Showcase Sears AUTO MC 135mm f2.8

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by dukeneverwinter, Sep 27, 2013.

1. dukeneverwinter

dukeneverwinter Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 6, 2013
    La Mesa
    The Clyde
    Old MD mount from a minolta camera my grandfather had.
    Subject/composure may be crappy, just playing with it at work. I couldn't figure out a way to use the near 270mm focal length with no birds people around.

Jpegs straight from camera, no processing. Uploaded from my phone so hopefully it doesn't further the crappyness of my shots.

First is at f2.8ish
    Swcond is at f4.6-f8ish. Don't remember, but that pole is super tall.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. verbatimium

verbatimium Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario
    Martin
    Not the greatest 135mm. Looks a bit soft, even when stopped down. I have both the Konica Hexanon 135mm F3.2 and 135mm F2.5, and man those lenses are sharp.

3. dukeneverwinter

Aug 6, 2013
    La Mesa
    The Clyde
    These were both hand held from my GX1. Could handshake be the softness? Or could it be the software reduction when uploading through the mu43 celphone app?
    Or, guess it could be the lense....

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Still looks good to me, I really want a fast lens in the 75 - 100 range that won't cost an arm and a leg. I love the 45, but it doesn't quite work for concert photos taken from the cheap seats. :rolleyes:

5. dukeneverwinter

Aug 6, 2013
    La Mesa
    The Clyde
    Walking around the campus I was at, 135mm on my GX1 was just way to long a range. I couldn't frame anything within 100yards, if it was a building.

I just posted some shots from my Minolta 50mm in another thread. That should be about 100mm on the m43 cameras. And these lenses should be CHEAP

6. verbatimium

verbatimium Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario
    Martin
    It doesn't look like typical handshake blur. Software reduction would also not be the cause or else you would most likely see artifacts in the blue sky.

This is one that I took with the Konica 135 F3.2, which is probably the sharpest 135mm legacy that I have ever tried:

9530619036_ebc41fc5d7_b.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Looks like the sharpness (if any) is robbed by jpeg artifacting. Hope you can reload the images Clyde from a computer where you can control the compression.