Searching the woods for an old colonial era mill

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by entropicremnants, Mar 20, 2013.

1. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    I found it -- not hard since you just have to follow the water, lol. The woods are tough at times but at least it is not summer and no bugs!

I also found out my boots are really waterproof. Here's the best of what I got -- mostly I got junk. I took only the Panasonic DMC-LX7 and a tripod.

Part of the old dam area. There used to be a wide dam making use of natural rock formations as well. Makes a nice little waterfall now. How good is it to have the built in easily selected ND filter in the LX7?

8575383271_3e0b5e4786_c.
    Mill Hunt: Dam Ruins by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

And then here's some of what's left of the mill. Horribly overgrown and in the middle of a swampy patch. Nasty smelling as well when you squitch in the mud...

8576479182_6bcea6fb7e_c.
    Mill Hunt: What's Left of the Mill by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

And finally a memorial not far from the road but I have no idea why it is there. It could be a pet grave, or maybe something happened up on the road.

8575382987_2592d3b9b8_c.
    Mill Hunt: Memorial to an Unknown Victim by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

• Like Like x 3
  2. sinclair

sinclair Mu-43 Veteran

Nice photos. Are these all HDR images?

3. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    Thanks.

#2 is HDR, but I'm not happy with it. Really, that mill was overgrown and just low wall remains and foundations so I had to get down in the swampy bottom of the old foundations to get anything at all, lol.

The other's are both single exposures.