1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

searching for 4/3 , and will end up with G5 as first choice

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by 905b, Jan 3, 2013.

1. 905b

905b New to Mu-43

Jan 3, 2013
    fist post and new user here , thanks for all your posts !

I am looking for something to upgrade my ultra-zoom from Panasoic , and didn't jump into DSLR for the past 4 years .
    I like the mirrorless and 4/3 .
    first I looked into nex-5n , rr and nex-6 . it feels good in hand , very small .
    then Nikon V1/J1 because of xmas deals , and there is v1+10-30+30-110 deal in B&H for 399 . It disappeared the second day ( Jan 1st ) .
    concern of these two is that it locked you in one vendor and format .
    Olympus and Panasonic provide more choice for 4/3 body and lens .
    G5 is probably the most fit for me , easy in the hand and lot of control . searching through menu is still painly when you are in the middle of shooting pictures .

Any G5 deal lately ?

2. xxjorelxx

xxjorelxx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    MD, USA
    JohnRae
    Welcome to the forum :smile: I'm also fairly new here and have found the members here to be very knowledgeable and helpful in just about all things M4/3 related and more.

You just missed a deal on HSN for a Panasonic G5 w 14-42mm kit lense but if you stay patient, im sure another deal will pop up... OR.... if youre not opposed to buying used, you can search the "sell and buy" forum.

3. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    The G7 is on the horizon so keep an eye out for more G5 deals.

Also, to prevent confusion, 4/3 implies the Four Thirds format, which is a bit different from m4/3 (Micro Four Thirds).

4. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    I think the G7 is a long time coming, the G5 was just released late last year.

Paul

5. Manu-4Vendetta

Manu-4Vendetta Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Dominican Republic
    Really? but the G5 has just months. Will they have a GH5 also underway?

6. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Ah I read a rumor that it's coming in Spring. The G5 is an excellent cam but doesn't get much attention. :frown:

7. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    That infamous rumor blog wrote that a new G7 and GF7 might be released in the spring, but didn't even give it an "FT1" (lowest) rating for how believable it was. He wrote it in a post labeled "Rumor / Speculation." I think this is absolutely speculation. The G5 hasn't been out very long, and is quite well spec'd.

No one really knows how it's selling, but those who have bought it seem quite happy. I think it would have to be a real failure in the marketplace for Panasonic to replace it this soon.