1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sean Archer and his pro level work with Panasonic G3

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by noflux, Jan 25, 2013.

1. noflux

noflux Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 7, 2010
    Porto, Portugal
    Don't know if this guy has been mention in this forum before but i just found out about his work today. He has a very good portrait portfolio, but the thing that caught my attention is that ALL of his work is done with a Panasonic G3 and a Oly 45mm. I don't think most people would believe that his photos came from a G3 if not for the EXIF data.
    Ok, ok,... i know there is a lot of post color correction and adjustments but in the same level as others that use so called "pro cameras".

He's russian photographer Sean Archer ( aka Stanislav Puchkovsky ).

Take a look at his photostream at Flickr (slightly NSFW):

Example:
    8324621689_4626127116_b.

Natasha | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

:2thumbs: Mr. Sean Archer

• Like Like x 6
  2. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    Oh my god! There aren't that many beautiful women in a 500 mile radius of where I live. The shots are great but the models (and the assistants who make them up) make them compelling. I suppose picking them is a talent in and of itself. Here's a challenge. Extraordinary portraits with ordinary looking people.

3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nice portfolio! I love shooting Russian models, they're a lot of fun and they don't flake on you especially on a paid gig!

4. The Minimalist

The Minimalist Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 19, 2011
    First I have heard of him, but what a great set of photo's.

5. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    I came across this guy during my short stint on fotoblur. His models are just friends and acquaintances -- I know, he's one lucky guy. But on top of that, he only started doing photography in 2011, I believe. And he uses window lighting. Pure talent, I guess.

6. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
  7. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Canada
    +1

8. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    That would be the 100 Strangers Project on Flickr. There are quite a few extraordinary portraits on there (and lots of mediocre ones).

9. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Sean Archer? That's the FBI agent's name in "Face Off"!! Played by John Travolta/Nicolas Cage.

On a more serious note ... what a photostream!!! :)