Sean Archer and his pro level work with Panasonic G3

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by noflux, Jan 25, 2013.

1. noflux

noflux Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 7, 2010
    Porto, Portugal
    Don't know if this guy has been mention in this forum before but i just found out about his work today. He has a very good portrait portfolio, but the thing that caught my attention is that ALL of his work is done with a Panasonic G3 and a Oly 45mm. I don't think most people would believe that his photos came from a G3 if not for the EXIF data.
    Ok, ok,... i know there is a lot of post color correction and adjustments but in the same level as others that use so called "pro cameras".

He's russian photographer Sean Archer ( aka Stanislav Puchkovsky ).

Take a look at his photostream at Flickr (slightly NSFW):

Natasha | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

:2thumbs: Mr. Sean Archer
    • Like Like x 6
  2. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    Oh my god! There aren't that many beautiful women in a 500 mile radius of where I live. The shots are great but the models (and the assistants who make them up) make them compelling. I suppose picking them is a talent in and of itself. Here's a challenge. Extraordinary portraits with ordinary looking people.
  3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nice portfolio! I love shooting Russian models, they're a lot of fun and they don't flake on you especially on a paid gig!
  4. The Minimalist

The Minimalist Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 19, 2011
    First I have heard of him, but what a great set of photo's.
  5. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    I came across this guy during my short stint on fotoblur. His models are just friends and acquaintances -- I know, he's one lucky guy. But on top of that, he only started doing photography in 2011, I believe. And he uses window lighting. Pure talent, I guess.
  6. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
  7. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    That would be the 100 Strangers Project on Flickr. There are quite a few extraordinary portraits on there (and lots of mediocre ones).
  8. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Sean Archer? That's the FBI agent's name in "Face Off"!! Played by John Travolta/Nicolas Cage.

On a more serious note ... what a photostream!!! :)